Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Enough To Eat

Icon15 Good Enough To Eat

I thought it'd be nice to have a thread for food photography. I'm no studio photographer in regards to lighting and such but I quite like taking shots of food. Typically after I've made it and right before I eat it.

A few old ones:

Interesting. Perhaps I will try my hand at this sometime.

The raspberry and blueberries -- this I quite like!

Those are lovely, Bear!

One of my favorite websites for recipes is Foodgawker. I love that they always include quality photos with their dishes. Unfortunately, I don't have much to share. Here's a random bunch.

This may not count, but Ramune is my favorite drink in the world! At the time of shooting this, peaches were nowhere to be found in the city. Peach shortage at the worst possible time! Lychee as well. (I also had a lychee flavored Ramune with me.)

I will never eat sherbet again, after two takes of doing this.

Bear, that second shot is beautiful (the one of the raisin bread, I think). I love the china you chose. Everyone's shots are so delicate, so here's something greasy and juicy:

And a veggie burger for balance.

ej - yes!

marci - Thank you! Your pear shot is one of my favorites. I recall you posting that a while back. The tones and textures are wonderful. The sherbet is fun! How long did that take you?

JayPea - Thank you. They are blueberry scones. I came across that china recently and decided it was time to trade in the old stuff. I love it. Your non-veggie burger shot is great. Very pleasing composition.

Why is this happening to me? beanstew's Avatar
    I photograph my food as well for a thread on another forum. I don't really go in for fancy presentation. Just a bit pile of noms.

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    marci - Thank you! Your pear shot is one of my favorites. I recall you posting that a while back. The tones and textures are wonderful. The sherbet is fun! How long did that take you?
    Thanks! I've been a lazy photographer, I really need to start shooting again. Sorry for the repeats!

The sherbert took two tries. I'm glad the studio was empty that day! I had the cone on a light table that wasn't 100% level and I couldn't move/rotate the cone to eat it because the texture wasn't uniform. Cue bending over table to the eat cone trying not to move it too much. By the time I got to cone #2, I had to spit it out. I was feeling mighty sick! It's funny because I have it hanging in my kitchen (about 40" wide) and I still sometimes feel sick while looking at it.

If I had to pick three things to eat for the rest of my life, these would be them without a doubt. From my favorite restaurant in the world:

Rad Nar
    Stir fried tofu, broccoli and carrot, with a brown sauce, served over pan fried rice noodles.

Pad Tofu
    Stir fried beansprouts, tofu, scallions with garlic.

Thai Vegetarian Spring Rolls
    The sauce is so good that I used to secretly sip it with a bite of spring roll. I do this openly now!

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    I went through a food phase over the winter but thought it was weird and stopped. Maybe not so much now!

And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

Here's a tofu and vegetable curry I made a while back.

YUM!

Cuppycakes! nomnomnom

just brought these in from the garden; the kids are planning pancakes.

I made this last night.

considering i haven't eaten my breakfast yet, viewing this thread was really a bad idea..
    but please do not stop.

i don't know if i have the technical knowledge to take such clear pictures of food (with appropriate lighting), but perhaps someday i will give it a try!