Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Celebrating famous folk who come out publicly

I love him in Bright Star and I love the score to that movie.

He's beautiful.
    "The only time I get in that position is when I give birth." - Dorothy Zbornak

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Bright Star. gush. Loved that film.
    "Washing Machiiiiiine" - Kate Bush

Thirding the Bright Star love.

Also, d'aaaw:

Yay! He's adorable.

He was really good as Q in Skyfall (quite a reinvention) and as the doomed bisexual composer in Cloud Atlas. Glad he's out!

I am so in love with Ben Whishaw.

Oh, and since it hasn't been mentioned, Raven Symone (former Disney actress) came out over twitter.
    "A universe that needed someone to observe it in order to collapse it into existence would be a pretty sorry universe indeed."

I don't know who this is, because obviously, I don't watch WWE. But wrestler Darren Young has come out, and in a very candid moment. Loved his answer to a camera man who asked if he thought a wrestler could ever come out as gay in the business:

"Absolutely. Look at me. Ya know. I'm a WWE superstar and to be honest with you, I'll tell you right now, I'm gay. And I'm happy. I'm very happy,"

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/15/showbi...html?hpt=hp_t2

Nickelodeon's Lucas Cruikshank (star of Fred and Marvin Marvin) comes out. My son loves his shows. He annoys the hell out of me, and it was sort of like a big 'ol "duh", but nice that he came out!

Wentworth Miller!

When I saw that Wentworth Miller came out my jaw dropped and I stopped everything I was doing to read the article. I've crushed on him through all of Prison Break, so my heart skipped a beat! Hahaha, how lame but still, good for him.
    "A universe that needed someone to observe it in order to collapse it into existence would be a pretty sorry universe indeed."

aging hipster trash The Seaward's Avatar
    Hadn't Wentworth Miller been out for some time?
    I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

I think he came out a couple of years ago, but it wasn't as noticed because it wasn't attached to a big news story (anti-gay Russian laws) before.

You know, kind of like how Bradley/Chelsea Manning was known to be trans before today, but now everybody's all surprised.

to the loneliest city in the world other pete's Avatar
    W00t Moriarty

“Mercifully, these days people don't see being gay as a character flaw. But nor is it a virtue, like kindness. Or a talent, like playing the banjo. It's just a fact. Of course, it's part of my make-up, but I don't want to trade on it. I am a private person; I think that's important if you're an actor. But there's a difference between privacy and secrecy, and I'm not a secretive person. Really I just want to get on with my job, which is to pretend to be lots of different people. Simple as that.”