Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Celebrating famous folk who come out publicly

UK Olympic medallist Colin Jackson

Oops, nevermind. Has been discussed in another thread.
    Last edited by fluteoftheloon; 10-30-2017 at 11:02 AM.

Last edited by BrotherNamedErised; 08-23-2018 at 07:07 PM.

This makes me so unbelievably happy!
    Nice to have it confirmed.

She is such a warrior in so many ways, she's going to be a real icon and role model for so many!

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    I love her so much.

“I consider myself to be a free-ass motherfucker.”
    I think we have a new term for bisexuals.

Good on her. This will really mean something to queer black kids.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

^I think we all knew she liked both sides. But she'll always prefer Androids in my mind.

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Totally missed that Tanita Tikaram openly talked about her relationship with Natacha Horn last year;
    https://www.pressreader.com/uk/diva-...82089161595545

After 30 years of speculation and avoiding labels, I can't help but feeling happy, proud and overwhelmed with this.
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

anyone else find this to be a pretty shitty thing for Gus Kensworthy to do?

considering Shawn isn't out, unless he gave his permission, it's pretty creepy and gross to take this photo with him and then turn it into this joke/thirst trap/grab for attention.

Idk, maybe he's secure and comfortable with such jokes. We shouldn't even assume he has a closet to be in. Also the joke seems more about him being young and hot than being potentially gay.

Quote Originally Posted by plastic•husband View Post
    Idk, maybe he's secure and comfortable with such jokes. We shouldn't even assume he has a closet to be in. Also the joke seems more about him being young and hot than being potentially gay.
    that's the thing...he's not comfortable with it as far as I can tell.

this article sums up the history of this kind of speculation about Shawn and why i find it gross, especially coming from someone like Gus who dealt with coming out as a public figure and I'm willing to bet wouldn't have appreciated this kind of attention before he did:

https://www.them.us/story/shawn-mendes-is-heterosexual
    Last edited by MikeEP; 08-27-2018 at 07:52 PM.

Gus flirts with every straight guy he pals around with, though. He’s made jokes with Ryan Reynolds, Henry Cavill, a bunch of his Olympic friends, etc. I don’t think he’s trying to out Shawn or even implying that he’s gay.

Shawn is very close to Teddy Geiger and has repeatedly talked about his support for the gay community. If he’s friendly with Gus and secure in his sexuality I don’t think he’d care. If he did feel uncomfortable and sent Gus a message, I’m sure Gus would take it down.

For the record, Tom Daley also very publicly and unabashedly talked about his crush on Shawn Mendes and Shawn at some point replied to him. Shawn didn’t seem to have a problem with that. I feel like Gus’s tweets and Instagram pics were similar.

While it's not the most tasteful of jokes, it doesn't feel mean-spirited - to me at least.

Why is everyone so obsessed with this Mendes guy? He's not even hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Gus flirts with every straight guy he pals around with, though. He’s made jokes with Ryan Reynolds, Henry Cavill, a bunch of his Olympic friends, etc. I don’t think he’s trying to out Shawn or even implying that he’s gay.
    I think the Sean Cody thing definitely implies he’s gay. But you’re probably right that it’s just a joke and he might be in on it for all we know. It just seemed like it put Shawn in a very awkward position given how young he is and how uncomfortable he seems to be with discussing his sexuality.

I fully admit I just get grossed out by “instagays” like Gus in general. Feels like they’re playing a game of Pokémon or something.