Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Poe

Poe

I miraculously couldn't find a Poe thread, so here it is.

So I don't know if anything new is on the way, and as usual there is no real news, but quietly I guess Poe has been posting some videos with clips of (new?) music.

http://ptch.com/poe

I would really love if something new would come out already. I get there were label issues for a while, but we've been getting teased for too long now.

Oh Poe.

I still adore 'Haunted.' Just one of the most refreshing, creative albums I've heard. It's a pity she's not more prolific. I can't think of another artist I listen to who released an amazing album and never followed it up.

Still holding out hope we'll hear from her eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    Hello is still one of my all time favorite albums. For sure.
    Yes, love Hello as well. I should have said, an artist who has released TWO amazing albums but never followed THEM up.

so what if i like pretty things Bryan Alan's Avatar
    Hello takes me back! Wow. I used to be obsessed with that album. Dolphin! Fly Away! Choking the Cherry! And my very favorite, That Day. I used to play this album and The Burdens of Being Upright (Tracy Bonham) back to back pretty much non stop. Well, I know what I'll be listening to tonight.
    tuna rubber a little blubber in my igloo

aging hipster trash The Seaward's Avatar
    Another World STILL gets stuck I my head.
    I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

It is I, you son of a bitch. blissgurl's Avatar
    I echo pretty much everything that has already been said in this thread. Hello and Haunted are two of my favorite albums ever and I also wish she would release something new, it has been WAY too long!
    Suck it, Shawn.

Well the new clips definitely have promise; I just hope they turn into something!

Fly Away is still my favorite from Hello; Haunted is brilliant all the way through though!

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Yes, love Hello as well. I should have said, an artist who has released TWO amazing albums but never followed THEM up.
    she got in a nasty legal thing with her label and she couldn't put music out.

n

Haunted pretty much changed my relationship with music. I bought it because I liked the cover. At the time I was listening to all pop and what was being played on the radio. The darkness in Haunted really blew my mind. It's still one of my favorite albums ever. I still listen to "Amazed" on a very regular basis, I think it's genius.

I couldn't get into Haunted but I fucking love Hello. I still play it all the time. That takes me back to middle school. I wrote out the lyrics to Angry Johnny in a school notebook one day when I was bored in class. My mom found the notebook in my room while I was away at a friend's house and freaked out. She was like, "WHAT IS THIS? WHY ARE YOU WRITING TERRIBLE THINGS LIKE THIS?"

It was actually my dad who introduced me. He loved the song Hello. He also introduced me to Sneaker Pimps' "Six Underground," which he still to this day puts on mix CDs that he makes for himself. Thanks, dad.

So last week I went karaoke-ing (stahp guys I was dead drunk and I never go karaoke) and did a wonderful rendition of Angry Johnny in which I belted all the "I wanna blow you"s except 50 octaves lower.

I love Poe! I know I heard Angry Johnny when it was on the radio, but somehow never got into her music until I heard Today on the Great Expectations soundtrack. Then my ex put Fingertips on a mix tape he made for me. Instantly hooked. I picked up Hello and listened to it constantly for weeks. It took me longer to get into Haunted, but it's nice.
    I would love for her to put out some new stuff. I remember the day I ran across the stuff she did with Conjure One, I was insanely excited and thought maybe there was more new music, but no.
    Last edited by RabbitLuvr; 10-14-2012 at 04:36 AM.

Kari, try Haunted again. It is a fantastic album.

Except for two or three songs, I don't really like Hello.
    But Haunted... jesus christ, what was inside poe's head when she made that album? It's been like eight years since I listened to it for the first time and it still surprises me with new things I haven't noticed before, and I still get goosebumps in the bridge of "Haunted". I bought House Of Leaves, the book by Poe's brother, so maybe after reading it I'll find new things about the cd...
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

It is I, you son of a bitch. blissgurl's Avatar
    ^ Yes, House of Leaves and Haunted are definitely companion pieces. I loved the book but towards the end it gets really hard to read, literally, because of the way that the pages are printed, etc. It's disorienting which is the point, I think, because of who disoriented the character(s) are.
    Suck it, Shawn.