Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253

Thread: Tales of Everyday Homophobia

Kill them all.

I'm not sure why people always expect a different result from religious leaders. They cling to their old time beliefs despite how out of step and tone deaf they are. Mat Staver and Tony Perkins especially should die in an actual fire. Nothing would make me happier.

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Made me LOLYOLOs. Marriage has longer been a business of the people than a church business if there was no feudal lord involved. It wasn't until halfway through medieval times or so that the church wanted to be more involved. (Which means marriage has existed in Christianity longer without church involvement than with).

Why exactly is everyone in the States talking about this particular bunch of randoms?
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

Kim Davis is holding a conference tomorrow, with Liberty Counsel leaders and various other homophobic associations, at the Bucharest National Theatre and I don't know how to deal with that.

Last edited by BrotherNamedErised; 08-01-2018 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Kim Davis is holding a conference tomorrow, with Liberty Counsel leaders and various other homophobic associations, at the Bucharest National Theatre and I don't know how to deal with that.
    Is she some kind of public figure to fight gay marriage all over the world now?! What the hell?

Well, things are a bit complicated. Currently, same-sex marriage is forbidden by law, but there is an article article in the Constitution which says that marriage is "between spouses". The regular law, in theory, can always be changed, although most of our parliament is made up of socially conservative parties. Because of that remote possibility, homophobes and bigots have organized into a group called Coalitia pentru Familie (the Coalition for the Family, CpF); this group is financed by neo-Protestant American churches and fundie groups, but together with the local Orthodox church (may it all burn), they gathered three million signatures for an initiative to change the Constitution via referendum. How, exactly? They simply want to replace "between spouses" with "between a man and a woman". This would effectively nullify any chance of same sex marriage in Romania for the following decades. Parliament is up for it. Now they're bringing this cunt over to whine about how same sex marriage would restrict everyone's religious liberty.

I feel fucking powerless. I'm (perennially) single; marriage is no urgent concern for me. But still, same sex marriage is vital, as far as I am concerned, because it is the clearest way for the state to, er, state that gay relationships are equal to straight ones, and therefore, implicitly, gay people are equal to straight people. Sadly, there is very little interest for activism among the local gay population. In particular, people from my generation and older are dealing with tons of internalized homophobia and shame and traditional concepts of masculinity and whatnot; partying and fucking is A-OK, but publicly assuming an identity is... eh, let's not upset grandma. I would very much like to go and spit in Kim Davis' face, but I'd be a fucking lone wolf.

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    I honestly hope she dies choking on a communion cracker.

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Current lovely responses in the Netherlands to the SuitSupply advertising campaign involving gay couples.

"Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

Special Transphobia Edition!

This is a crazy-ass story. Not only is this woman a hardcore Trumpie, but she's also a House candidate! (In a very blue district, so she shouldn't be looking for a D.C. rental quite yet.) She notices a trans woman in the woman's room at a Denny's so, seeing an opportunity to make a big spectacle of herself, goes in the facility and hounds the unsuspecting trans woman out of there. And, being a huge attention whore, she films the whole thing and streams it on her Facebook!

If, after seeing this. you want to share your thoughts with her... @jazminasaavedra
    Last edited by Steve SFM; 05-19-2018 at 09:28 PM.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama