Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 LastLast

Thread: Tales of Everyday Homophobia

And in the evening it's. . . Andrea's Avatar
    FB_IMG_1442430331425.jpg

Saw this and thought it was too apropos.

OMG.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

Well guess what Mimi, WE DID. Octopussy's Avatar
    I've been sick of seeing her miserable gremlin face for weeks now.... but that was the best meme yet.
    Last edited by Octopussy; 09-19-2015 at 02:44 PM.

The face does kinda fit. Meanwhile....

OWENSBORO, Ky. (AP) — The attorney for one of the deputy clerks in Kim Davis' office says Davis disobeyed a federal judge's order when she altered marriage license forms for same-sex couples.

Deputy Clerk Brian Mason has been issuing marriage licenses in Rowan County over the objections of Davis, the elected county clerk who believes same-sex marriage is a sin. Davis spent five days in jail for refusing to obey a federal judge's order that she issue the licenses. The judge released Davis from jail but warned her not to interfere as her deputies issue licenses. Davis removed her name and the name of the county from the forms.

On Friday, Mason's attorney, Richard Hughes, said the altered forms would not be valid and thus constitute an attempt to violate the judge's order.
    Send her back to jail. Let her lawyers be her cellies, because they probably put her up to this.

Barack Hussein Obama

Scalia: LOL - gays = child abusers

Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia still isn't very happy about Supreme Court decisions protecting gay Americans.

During an appearance at Georgetown Law School on Monday, Scalia worried that the high court was choosing which minorities got certain protections, The New York Times reported. Scalia, an ardent originalist, said that the distinctions the court was making were not rooted in the text of the Constitution.

“What? It’s up to me to identify deserving minorities?" Scalia said. “What about pederasts? What about child abusers?”
    You dishonest, bigoted sack of crap. If you can't tell the difference between child abusers and consenting adults, you do not deserve to interact with other human beings, let alone have your job.

A friend of mine hired a photographer to photograph his husband's birthday party and the photos were a complete fucking disaster. They were AWFUL. My friend was very upset about how poorly the photos turned out, asked the photographer if there were any others, and got an angry and unhelpful response. He (my friend) then posted a negative review on Yelp, which apparently led to the photographer losing at least one client as a result. So he sent him this:

WTF does being gay even have to do with any of this? Ugh.

"Go such a dick"? Your friend should put that up online and COMPLETELY ruin that douche's business.

Barack Hussein Obama

I love when straight people remind us that we're gay. At some point this week I probably WILL suck a dick. It's not like that's groundbreaking news.

I hope I get on the jury for Jay L. Sykes v. gay ASS.

Briefs! Penal code! Innuendo! etc.

I'd post a screenshot of his response up on Yelp.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Dealing with homophobic neighbors.
    Advice?
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

What is the situation? I would say ignore but I'd need more information. Anyway, that sucks.

So, how would you guys respond to straight people who defend their "right" to use the word "faggot?" The arguments they use typically boil down to the meaning of the word having "changed" so that it no longer refers to gay people, and is thus not homophobic, or at least not in every context. Some even go so far as to say that they're "reclaiming" the word so that it no longer denigrates gay people. I've seen this argument from straight assholes before and - having been called a faggot many, many times growing up, and being very well aware that it was because I wasn't a "normal" male - I find it incredibly frustrating.

For examples of the arguments typically used in defense of the word, you can check out this old threat on some stupid forum: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/foru...opriate?page=5

WTF else does "faggot" even mean?! Jesus christ! Honestly, that word is right up there with "nigger" in terms of my discomfort in saying, hearing or seeing it and I do not EVER use it.