Page 168 of 170 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170 LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 2548

Thread: The Mighty Tori YouTube Thread!

As much as I loathe the lyrics, this sounds so much better than the solo live versions or the one on TBK. It makes me think that maybe that tour wouldn't be so miserable with the band?

Gone Andromeda grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    ^ Ughhh she looks absolutely stunning in that. I really love her style during this era. All of the clothes are so pretty and soft and flattering.

Quote Originally Posted by iwo1333 View Post
    [video=youtube;9HTbRNUEw-k]

As much as I loathe the lyrics, this sounds so much better than the solo live versions or the one on TBK. It makes me think that maybe that tour wouldn't be so miserable with the band?
    93.67% of everything that is wrong with 'The Beekeeper' is in the mixing and mastering. Matty even commented at the time how radically different the finished album sounded compared with what they had recorded, specifically mentioning 'General Joy'.

Rumour has it that it was meant to be a band tour, but plans fell through.
    ~just an underwater thing~

At 3:37 she says "Mike"

Stumbled onto this, and I think this is the best version of RS solo. Also, what on earth was she thinking changing that arrangement into whatever she did in the US later that tour?

Stumbled onto this, and I think this is the best version of RS solo. Also, what on earth was she thinking changing that arrangement into whatever she did in the US later that tour?
    I was there for that! It blew everyone away. Nobody could quite believe it was happening. I think it’s possibly the only truly solo performance of that song (no band, no backing track)
    ~just an underwater thing~

Quote Originally Posted by Venus_Envy View Post
    I was there for that! It blew everyone away. Nobody could quite believe it was happening. I think it’s possibly the only truly solo performance of that song (no band, no backing track)
    She did a similar version in Paris (though she cut out one chorus, and I do prefer the Manchester performance) and supposedly also in Oslo, but the recording of that apparently never surfaced.

OMG - I have never seen or heard this solo version before. It is unbelievable - probably my favourite live version of the song! Watches for 3rd time...
    Robbing the muse...

Lol this might be old but its hilarious.
    Last edited by iwo1333; 06-08-2019 at 02:47 AM.

Raspberry Swirl does not work solo for me (with or without the backing track). It sounds thin and overly labored.

Quote Originally Posted by Adirondak View Post
    Wow I love that Hartford one! I hardly ever listen to stuff from the 2005 tour, but this is fantastic and the recorder got some great sound.
    The 2005 tour had tons of great moments. I think it gets shit on too much. I’d rather listen to boots from that tour over anything from 2009-present.
    Last edited by MikeEP; 06-14-2019 at 02:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeEP View Post
    Raspberry Swirl does not work solo for me (with or without the backing track). It sounds thin and overly labored.

The 2005 tour had tons of great moments. I think it gets shit on too much. I’d rather listen to boots from that tour over anything from 2009-present.

Really? I thought the 2014 tour and the sting quartet tour were quite strong. 2005 had its moments, but it was very close in time to the 2001 solo tour, which was far stronger.

I'd take anything over 2009. Soz T.

I liked the 2017 tour better than anything since 2001, weaker vocals and all. *shrug*
    Remember that we once lived

Quote Originally Posted by Adirondak View Post
    Really? I thought the 2014 tour and the sting quartet tour were quite strong. 2005 had its moments, but it was very close in time to the 2001 solo tour, which was far stronger.
    2001 was WAY stronger for sure. Don’t get me wrong, I like the string quartet tour and think the other tours had great moments too. I just think some of the later shows in 2005 where she started dragging every song out to 10 minutes ruined the reputation of what had been an exciting tour. It was when she first started doing the piano bar covers and did so many songs she’d never done before, plus some really great arrangements of her own songs. Clearwater 2005 is one of my favorite boots of all time - the versions of Playboy Mommy, Angels and Another Girl’s Paradise with the organ are probably my favorite live versions of those songs.
    Last edited by MikeEP; 06-14-2019 at 04:07 PM.

I prefer Sleeps With Butterflies solo, both the older performances and the 2014 one which was such a nice surprise

Не може со обични зборови да ја домами необичноста, зашто и необичните си имаат секој свој пат и тешко се среќаваат.