Page 168 of 168 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168
Results 2,506 to 2,519 of 2519

Thread: The Mighty Tori YouTube Thread!

This User Is Really Gay jasonhicks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Venus_Envy View Post

Got to be my favourite performance of "Spring Haze" and one of the best performances from the whole of the 2005 tour.
    To be honest that performance never did much for me but to each their own. This is my favorite version during that tour probably because the organ malfunctioned and she couldn't use it I think the piano work here is really intricate and beautiful. Also gotta rep my state.

we're two slow dancers, last ones out

That Hartford Spring Haze is incredible!

I don’t think it’s my favorite of the tour, but there’s a pretty good Spring Haze with Tubular Bells from the Naples festival show of that year (which is my favorite set from the 2005 tours)
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonhicks View Post
    To be honest that performance never did much for me but to each their own. This is my favorite version during that tour probably because the organ malfunctioned and she couldn't use it I think the piano work here is really intricate and beautiful. Also gotta rep my state.

Wow I love that Hartford one! I hardly ever listen to stuff from the 2005 tour, but this is fantastic and the recorder got some great sound.

take this, instead

Quote Originally Posted by jasonhicks View Post

What an incredible version

This is so beautiful and heartbreaking thinking of her mother...
    Robbing the muse...

Quote Originally Posted by Beelust View Post

This is so beautiful and heartbreaking thinking of her mother...
    Now we know Beenie also was diagnosed with an illness before the Native Invader tour as well, and Bells For Her is originally a Beenie song. That also makes sense as to why Raspberry Swirl suddenly appeared every night as well.

Gone Andromeda grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Reindeer King is totally cinematic to me. I always thought it should be played during a credit roll on Game of Thrones, following a very tragic cliff hanger. This is cool!

As much as I loathe the lyrics, this sounds so much better than the solo live versions or the one on TBK. It makes me think that maybe that tour wouldn't be so miserable with the band?

Gone Andromeda grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    ^ Ughhh she looks absolutely stunning in that. I really love her style during this era. All of the clothes are so pretty and soft and flattering.

Quote Originally Posted by iwo1333 View Post
    [video=youtube;9HTbRNUEw-k]

As much as I loathe the lyrics, this sounds so much better than the solo live versions or the one on TBK. It makes me think that maybe that tour wouldn't be so miserable with the band?
    93.67% of everything that is wrong with 'The Beekeeper' is in the mixing and mastering. Matty even commented at the time how radically different the finished album sounded compared with what they had recorded, specifically mentioning 'General Joy'.

Rumour has it that it was meant to be a band tour, but plans fell through.
    ~just an underwater thing~

Quote Originally Posted by iwo1333 View Post

At 3:37 she says "Mike"