Page 169 of 169 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169
Results 2,521 to 2,533 of 2533

Thread: The Mighty Tori YouTube Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherman View Post
    I'd take anything over 2009. Soz T.
    It pains me to see how immesely underrated that tour is. Main concerns are to do with her voice, which, sure, isnt at her best. However there were so many AMAZING arrangements from that tour. Strong black vine freakouts are surely the highlights of her career. The rare Tombigbee was also stellar. Give was a brilliant opener. Lady in Blue was such a breathtaking journey with an intense second half. Precious Things was a totally new arrangement. Raspberry Swirl from that tour was also a completely different arrangement to what we haerd earlier. Im not saying the tour 'had its moments'. Im saying more than that. Im saying it was one of her best tours (also albums) and light years better than anything from 2005, or even from 2003 (which was beekeeper-lite-era)

It was honestly the only time I've ever come away from a Tori show going 'wtf?'

Hardly representative of the whole tour, but anytime someone mentions Sinful Attraction, I just brace myself and hear this...
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

Gone Andromeda grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    One thing about my Sinful Attraction show (Seattle) - she played motherfucking "Icicle" (an all time fave, which I'd never caught live before) with UPRIGHT BASS. Did she ever do that again? I have no idea. But I was completely overjoyed by it.

And Carbon, WITH DRUM KIT.

It was her first US show of that tour (maybe the first show of the tour period, I'm too lazy to go look.) But it had an interesting set - 6 songs from UTP (7 if you include Sugar), and several songs from AATS that she played extremely rarely over the rest of the tour (including Starling and Fast Horse, if I'm not mistaken.)

It definitely isn't my least favorite Tori show.

Quote Originally Posted by iwo1333 View Post
    Strong black vine freakouts are surely the highlights of her career.
    Are you trolling?

Gone Andromeda grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeEP View Post
    Are you trolling?
    ^ I am wondering this as well

i can't hate 2009 as my show (Warsaw, the very last one she played with the band) was a pure joy for me. yes, SBV was a bit awkward, but Icicle and Space Dog with the band were perfect (great lightining too!) plus I got to hear one of the best versions of Raspberry Swirl ever standing in the stage rush crowd:

I liked Raspberry Swirl at my 2009 show, too. The Warsaw arrangement was a one-off and very different. I think a lot of the interesting things she did that tour never got fully fleshed out either from too few performances (one of her shorter band tours, to boot) or a combination of a weaker voice and loud band sound mixing. But I did like the arrangements she did of "Icicle," "China," "Fast Horse" and "Juarez" that tour, for example, even though I don't think they ever nailed any of them.
    'Tis better to bend with the wind than stand tall and be broken. Therein lies hope; therein lies freedom.

Which Raspberry Swirl was it when Matt and Jon stopped prematurely and she kept playing and singing until they came back in?

Quote Originally Posted by hostageboy View Post
    Which Raspberry Swirl was it when Matt and Jon stopped prematurely and she kept playing and singing until they came back in?
    That was in Zabrze 2009, night before the Warsaw show I mentioned. There should be a decent bootleg, yt version is quite poor. Because of that they did this long ending altogether in Warsaw.

the 2009 Chicago show I went to was pretty decent I thought. but then, I feel like all the Chicago shows are great.

this Josephine is gorgeous

and I hated the album version, but this live take on That Guy made me have a different appreciation for the song

| don't be afraid ||- we're just waking up -|| and I hear help is on the way |

I enjoyed my 2009 show. It actually ranks in the middle of all shows I’ve seen since I started in 2002. I remember a few cool, lengthy jams during Flavour, Precious Things, Little Amsterdam and Siren.

Her voice (and particularly her head voice) was completely shot during the European leg of the 2009 tour. Weak, reedy, completely unable to sustain notes. Everything else was great - arrangements, energy, piano playing; chest voice-heavy songs were stellar, but anything head was... blah.