Page 168 of 168 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168
Results 2,506 to 2,513 of 2513

Thread: The Mighty Tori YouTube Thread!

As much as I loathe the lyrics, this sounds so much better than the solo live versions or the one on TBK. It makes me think that maybe that tour wouldn't be so miserable with the band?

Gone Andromeda grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    ^ Ughhh she looks absolutely stunning in that. I really love her style during this era. All of the clothes are so pretty and soft and flattering.

Quote Originally Posted by iwo1333 View Post
    [video=youtube;9HTbRNUEw-k]

As much as I loathe the lyrics, this sounds so much better than the solo live versions or the one on TBK. It makes me think that maybe that tour wouldn't be so miserable with the band?
    93.67% of everything that is wrong with 'The Beekeeper' is in the mixing and mastering. Matty even commented at the time how radically different the finished album sounded compared with what they had recorded, specifically mentioning 'General Joy'.

Rumour has it that it was meant to be a band tour, but plans fell through.
    ~just an underwater thing~

At 3:37 she says "Mike"

Stumbled onto this, and I think this is the best version of RS solo. Also, what on earth was she thinking changing that arrangement into whatever she did in the US later that tour?

Stumbled onto this, and I think this is the best version of RS solo. Also, what on earth was she thinking changing that arrangement into whatever she did in the US later that tour?
    I was there for that! It blew everyone away. Nobody could quite believe it was happening. I think it’s possibly the only truly solo performance of that song (no band, no backing track)
    ~just an underwater thing~

Quote Originally Posted by Venus_Envy View Post
    I was there for that! It blew everyone away. Nobody could quite believe it was happening. I think it’s possibly the only truly solo performance of that song (no band, no backing track)
    She did a similar version in Paris (though she cut out one chorus, and I do prefer the Manchester performance) and supposedly also in Oslo, but the recording of that apparently never surfaced.

OMG - I have never seen or heard this solo version before. It is unbelievable - probably my favourite live version of the song! Watches for 3rd time...
    Robbing the muse...