Thread: it's because they dont have kids

the reichenbach hero fox in socks's Avatar

it's because they dont have kids

so ive noticed this thing---especially among newer moms, to attribute personality flaws or the unfortunate life events of someone who happens to be childfree to their child free-ness.

example: when talking about a particularly odd, socially inept co-worker, New Mom says "does she have kids?"....realizing shes a cunt and also I dont have kids, she back pedals with "don't end up like M". Like because I dont have children, I'm suddenly at risk for a lifetime of oddness and social ineptitude.

Well, thank Allah that procreating solves all ones character flaws

lol reminds me of Bridget Jones' Diary:

WONEY: Yes. Why is it...
    there are so many unmarried women in their thirties these days, Bridget?

BRIDGET: Oh, I don't know.
    Suppose it doesn't help that underneath our clothes...
    our entire bodies are covered in scales.

I get something similar, which is, "Well, you don't have kids," when I offer an opinion on something, as though my opinion is automatically excluded. This happened to me in a meeting at work when I was questioning why the fuck we were doing heart screenings on middle and high school athletes when we don't even have pediatrics. Basically we're screening them and then sending them to our competitor. One lady said, "Well, one life saved is enough," as though I were a cold heartless bitch for trying to address things from a strategic perspective. Then someone else piped up and said, "Oh, you don't have kids. That's why you feel that way."

she might not be so bold fullofwish's Avatar
    My sister was visiting the other day and is having this problem with the women she works for (and it is only the two of them). My sister is kinda sure she wants to have kids, but she is getting more and more scared off as this new mum attributes all of my sisters faults to her childlessness. I wish I could remember the specifics of the stories she was telling me the other day, but suffice to say that were the usual crap about how as soon as a baby spills out of ones vagina, New Mum is ~~~*enlightened*~~~ and my sister will NEVAR UNDERSTAND until she joins the club.

Actually, this semester one of my classes a friend of mine had to present an action plan about parenting classes, and how one might go about teaching parents how to parent. The first question someone in the class asked her was 'do you have kids?' and when she replied no, I can't have them, their response was 'well, why would anyone listen to what you have to say then?'

wow that was unnecessarily cruel. People must think that we cannot attain information about things without experiencing them firsthand.

Quote Originally Posted by belladonna View Post
    ...but suffice to say that were the usual crap about how as soon as a baby spills out of ones vagina, New Mum is ~~~*enlightened*~~~ and my sister will NEVAR UNDERSTAND until she joins the club.
    That's a club with high entrance standards, eh? The 'I am inexplicably proud of being a mammal' club, I call it. No merit required, just the ability to give birth to live young. Open membership to all, including the stupidest, most inept or unpleasant women alive! God, count me IN. No wait, don't.

You get the same thing with some fathers, I've noticed. One kid, they know everything about life you don't. That's even more tedious, if it's even possible. Yes, big applause for you, you ejaculated in some woman who didn't rush to the nearest abortion clinic a few weeks later. My admiration. This makes you an superior person with special powers and a deep knowledge of What Life Is All About. Oh wait, it doesn't. It makes you a gobshite with delusions of grandeur.

Anyway, if there were anything to this big enlightenment thing, we wouldn't have the messed-up kids we do floating around or the child abuse stats that make you hair curl.

The more people I know have kids, the fucking less I want them. And if anyone thinks my opinions are less-than because I didn't get fucked without a condom, they can kiss my ass. It's not a special skill to be a parent. It's only a special skill if you're a GOOD parent, and lets face it, a huge percentage of people who breed are actually shit parents. So yeah.

waited with a glacier's patience Churumbela's Avatar
    The majority of good parents that I know will freely admit that they didn't really know shit about "parenting" and simply tried their best, used common sense, and asked advice from others. Not sure why it takes procreational experience to figure those things out.
    I am the beginning. The end. The one that is many.

the reichenbach hero fox in socks's Avatar
    agreed with everyone. it doesnt take some special talent to procreate. it takes basic biology.any dimwit can do it, so i dont understand the high and mighty bullshit.

obviously, it takes more effort, TONS more effort to be a good parent. thats a job i cant even fucking fathom. i dont have patience for myself, much less a child.

the whole "oh you dont have kids, so your opinion is invalid" is such shit. these are usually the same cows who spew their unsolicited opinion all over others' lifestyle choices---i.e. bingo!

as helen alluded though, if getting your shit together was simply solved by having children, the world would be filled with healthy, bouncing, well-cared for babies and responsible parents without the tons of abuse and fuckery that fills my airwaves.

anyone see this yet?:

^ Nothing elicits an eye roll like the "we're not telling, nyah nyah nyah nyah NYAAAAH nyah" response to a polite baby inquiry.

"You think that you're glowing, but you've been ho'ing and now your pregnant!"

hahah!