Page 1 of 80 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Sexism

Sexism

Why is The Daily Mail so idiotic? We all know that Christina Aguilera has gained weight (so she's like a whole size four or something), but what the fuck is up with this caption?!?!

Making an impression: Christina looked terrible even she was photographed from behind in her ambitious outfit
    I don't thinks she looked terrible at all. Yes, she's bigger than she used to be. That means she looks terrible?!

^^ that gown is actually quite flattering on her.

A real woman!

STOP her!!!!
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

the reichenbach hero fox in socks's Avatar
    that wig is the real horror.

really this is the best outfit ive seen her in in ages. love those shoes as well. id wear what she has on. if i could.

'If you existed, I'd divorce you.' spyk_'s Avatar
    Not that any size is the 'right' size, of course, but that's a healthier shape than most pop stars sport nowadays - especially since she's not 19 any more. (I know 31 is still really young, but it's around that age that most people sort of fill out a bit isn't it?)

She looks amazing. That wig is no good but that dress... Whoowhoo!
    You don't have to do everything all by yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by spyk_ View Post
    Not that any size is the 'right' size, of course, but that's a healthier shape than most pop stars sport nowadays - especially since she's not 19 any more. (I know 31 is still really young, but it's around that age that most people sort of fill out a bit isn't it?)
    According to my 31 year old ass, yes.

a succulent Chinese meal lacuna's Avatar
    her body and dress are fantastic, but she really needs to stop with the fake tan.

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    ^and the body glitter. Has she had some work done on her face? I don't follow her much and she looks different somehow.
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

That's the best she's looked in 10 years! She's also very petite so a 10lb gain looks like a 30lb gain on her.

Icon15

Plus she has those massive boobs of mysterious origin ... I never watch The Voice, but I passed by the channel last night, and I was HYPNOTIZED by those babies!
    ... here i am!

Yeah, she looks absolutely STUNNING there. She should have gone with some more Marilyn-esque body to the hair though, what would have really accentuated her gorgeous curves even more.

It's hilarious how people talk like she's the size of the Hindenburg or something. She's probably a little heavier than me so she's at worst a size 10-12.

It's just striking because everyone's used to seeing her rail-thin. Sure it's noticeable, but by no means does she look "fat" or "terrible." I don't think she's had any work done, either. After her pregnancy, her chest was definitely larger but that's not surprising. The weight gain also probably contributes to that, and her face looking different.

REGARDLESS - I'd rather focus on how messy her campaign has been for the new album. It's sad. I know Christina's voice, while most can appreciate its power, is an acquired taste in terms of style. I happen to enjoy it, but judging on some recent live performances, she either hasn't taken care of it or hasn't learned to adapt to its changes over the last years. She's struggling to reach those big, higher notes. It's to be expected, but she isn't adjusting her performance style. Rather, she's straining in a way that sounds like it's truly painful.

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    It's hilarious how people talk like she's the size of the Hindenburg or something. She's probably a little heavier than me so she's at worst a size 10-12.
    See, I wouldn't even put her at that. Girl is 5'1", and some people say more like 5' 1/2". No way she could be a size 10-12, IMO. My body didn't look anything like that when I was a size 10. I still think she's probably more like a size four, or at least still in the single digit dress sizes.
    Last edited by Autumn; 11-20-2012 at 07:47 PM.