Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Won't somebody bear witness - The Ana Silvera thread

@anasilveramusic
    LDN-ERS! Mark Nov 3 in your diary if leisure activities Venn diagram marked 'Ana's music' / 'James Bond' is relevant. More info to follow.
    Relevant to my interests.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Likewise. Will make sure I am free :-)

See you there. Wherever and whatever there is.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Quote Originally Posted by @anasilveramusic
    I want to announce #Oracles news so much! But I'm waiting for tix link. In meantime, mark 29th Oct in diary & also: http://bit.ly/161l8cL
    Phew! About the only date around then that's free in my diary!

Ear to the Ground: Ana Silvera
    Singer songwriter Ana Silvera’s stunning debut album, ‘The Aviary’ received wide acclaim on its release in 2011 (via the Karamel Music Collective). Join us for a performance with a backing choir, featuring an exclusive preview of works from

her forthcoming album. She’ll also be reprising songs from her British Composer Award-nominated choral song-cycle, Oracles.

“Stunning...operatic and folk elements with magical storytelling.” – The Guardian
    Venue

JW3 The Hall
    Woo!

Excellent - that's just up the road from where I work! Nice to see there will be a range of new and old material - excited.

Cool. See you there!

She's still not letting on about the James Bond thing.

New info on shows in London

*Sunday 29th September 2013 // JW3 Centre, London, performing 3 songs to celebrate the opening of new London arts centre JW3.

*Tuesday 29th October 2013 // JW3 Centre, London: performing new songs plus a rare performance of my BASCA nominated song-cycle "Oracles" with renowned contemporary choir, The REC. Tickets here

*Sunday 3rd November 2013 // Book Slam @ The Tabernacle: a short set at the launch of William Boyd's new bond novel!

*Thursday 12th December 2013 // St Pancras Old Church (in conjunction with Green Note) - Christmas Concert!

Cool. Thanks for sharing the news!

I'm booked for the 29th October gig, will probably go to the one at the Tabernacle but can't make the Christmas concert as already booked for Neko Case that night.

A little rehearsal video:

Oracles Rehearsal - Ana Silvera and The REC @ JW3

Very excited for the show!

She removed the video because of an audio problem. You can listen on her facebook page apparently but I'm not on FB so can't see it.

I did not know she was related to the late Carmen Silvera, Edith in 'Allo 'Allo. I think I prefer Ana's voice.

Ana performing Letter From New York and Hyperballad (Björk cover) at the Book Slam event.

If you haven't got Ana's gorgeous album The Aviary yet…

@AnaSilveraMusic
    14:00 GMT today for 24 hrs! Download my debut album, The Aviary for whatever price you want - RT pls & get it here: http://bit.ly/1acNhQt

Woohoo! London gig! 27th February @ St. John on Bethnal Green.

Ents24
    Songkick

It's not on Ana's website yet but she will be adding it today.