Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread: Racism

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar

Chairman Of Papa John’s Resigns After Report That He Used Racial Slur
    John Schnatter admitted that he used the slur in a conference call in May.

John Schnatter, the founder of pizza chain Papa John’s, resigned as chairman of the company’s board Wednesday after reports surfaced that he used a racial slur in a conference call in May, the company announced.

Schnatter used the N-word in a call between Papa John’s executives and marketing agency Laundry Service, Forbes reported early Wednesday, citing a “source with knowledge of the event.”

Schnatter acknowledged using the slur and apologized on Wednesday, but that was not enough for him to keep his position.

“News reports attributing the use of inappropriate and hurtful language to me during a media training session regarding race are true,” Schnatter said. “Regardless of the context, I apologize. Simply stated, racism has no place in our society.”

Schnatter’s comments have landed the company in hot water before. The pizza magnate blamed a slump in sales last year to a series of protests by NFL players who knelt on the field during the national anthem. Many of those players were protesting police brutality and racial inequality.

“The NFL has hurt us by not resolving the current debacle to the players’ and owners’ satisfaction. ... The NFL has hurt Papa John’s shareholders,” Schnatter said on a conference call with investors. In February, the NFL cut its sponsorship ties with Papa John’s, which had been a league sponsor since 2010.

He resigned as the company’s chief executive in January amid a public outcry.

Schnatter founded Papa John’s in 1984 and grew the company into a delivery behemoth with more than 3,400 locations in North America.

Papa John’s will appoint a new chairman in the coming weeks. In the meantime, Olivia Kirtley will act as the company’s lead independent director, the company said.

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    Good. And Papa John's pizza is awful anyway.
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    Let's not leave out Permit Betty.

https://www-rawstory-com.cdn.ampproj...reet-vendor%2F
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

So, uh, is this a good thread to discuss Israel's nation-state law, or is that something we don't really talk about?

I don't know enough or care enough about tennis to know much about the situation that happened over the weekend. However, it doesn't take an extensive knowledge of tennis to not be like wtf about this:

I mean, even if you're making a legit point about her behavior, that is some "oh lawdy miss scarlett" imagery. And why is the other woman white?

Yah pretty much everyone agrees that her behavior was similar to how other players have reacted. And that's ... yeah... pretty racist. The other woman was Asian. This artist saw this from one angle only.
    chillin in kyoto grand with my man Skrill

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    Wow that cartoon is disgusting. The racism and sexism on display over this makes me see red. I see plenty of male players acting much worse and... crickets.

I love Elizabeth Warren and I think she'd be a fine president. But it's really sad that I don't want her to run because if I have to see shit like this for two years on top of the other stuff going on, I don't know if I could take it.

strike every chord that you feel Owen's Avatar
    Is that real? UGH. *voms*

It's yet another example of how they hold Democrats to impossibly ridiculous standards while allowing their own to actually rape people. And I'd love to see someone smack the smugness right off their faces.