Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Racism

actually they did, but the NTSB confirmed the names. So much for summer interns handling important tasks.

omg.

Insert something clever here iamstilljamiepoo's Avatar
    I don't know if this has been national news or not. I'd thought it had. It is getting ugly. I wasn't sure if this was the place to put this but it was pretty damned close. Basically, there is a town near the Pine Ridge Indian reservation In South Dakota. Those on the reservation walk to the unincorporated town to buy alcohol as the reservation is dry. Some stats on Whiteclay: population 14. In 2010 Whiteclay sold 4.9 million cans of beer, or 13,000 cans a day. There are four liquor stores in the town. Fucked up shit. Here's a story about it from Omaha.com

http://m.omaha.com/om/db_90923/conte...tguid=N5UUr87Y
    Last edited by iamstilljamiepoo; 07-14-2013 at 09:27 PM.

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    Racial profiling - alive and well unfortunately

How random people in a park react to 3 different people "stealing" a bike. Sad.

Apologies if this has been posted already.
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

Ted Nugent - "Blacks" are to blame for their own oppression

Calling civil rights advocates “race baiters” who are part of a “racist industry” that has supposedly convinced African-Americans that they are helpless and “incapable of independence,” Nugent said African-Americans could “solve the black problem tonight” if only they would put their “heart and soul into being honest, law-abiding, [and] delivering excellence at every move in your life.”

“I would like to reach out to black America,” he continued, “and tell them to absolutely reject the lie of Al ‘Not So’ Sharpton, and Jesse Jackson, and the Black Panthers and Eric Holder and Barack Obama. They are enslaving you and the real shackles on black America, 100 percent of the time come from black America.”

“(R)acism against blacks was gone by the time I started touring the nation in the late [19]60s,” Nugent said, “Nothing of consequence existed to deter or compromise a black American’s dream if they got an alarm clock, if they set it, if they took good care of themselves, they remained clean and sober, if they spoke clearly, and they demanded excellence of themselves and provided excellence to their employers.”
    I...wow.

Someone tell that guy to STFU. Seriously, no one cares what he thinks.

Kari, you'd be suppressing his freedumz of speech! The older he's gotten the worse he's gotten. When I was growing up in Detroit, some radio station would let him DJ for a week. His anti-gun control rants were not nearly as crazy as they are now. Don't get me wrong, they were pretty nutty, but not the rabid foaming, red eyed beast it is now. His conservatism at least made a bit of sense and didn't have the stench of a backed up toilet seasoned with racism that it does now.

it wouldn't even matter other pete's Avatar
    UK government takes old National Front house-burning slogan 'Pakis Go Home', drops the first word (sensitive!), keeps the gist, and sticks it on a massive billboard on a van to drive around mainly south asian areas of London to somehow convince overstayers that they should give the Home Office a call for a, err, friendly chat?

This is all really about the Conservatives being terrified of losing votes to the genuinely feverishly anti-immigrant UK Independence Party, and thanks to #racistvan on twitter lots of people are contacting the Home Office asking for a free trip home from the pub, the shops, their next holiday, etc.

GO HOME

Why is this happening to me? beanstew's Avatar

More here along with screencaps of amusing tweets trolling #racistvan.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    White culture of violence

That was amazing.

You can't make this stuff up. Highest ranking black cop in NYPD gets stopped and frisked...

A pair of Florida deputies shot an unarmed black man as he was walking through his own driveway last weekend because they thought he was stealing a car that really belonged to his mother.

WPTV News reports that the two deputies were responding to a call about a possible burglary early Saturday morning when they found 60-year-old Roy Middleton searching through a car.

The deputies reportedly told Middleton to show his hands, but according to Escambia County Sheriff David Morgan, he just turned around lunged towards the officers.

It was at this point when the deputies shot Middleton in the leg.

“As much as we are trained and as much as officers – which have Type A personalities – like to say we are in control, we are not,” Morgan said.
    According to WPTV, Middleton said he was searching through his mother’s Lincoln Town Car for a cigarette when the officers approached him.

When he began to back away from the vehicle, he had his car keys in his hand along with a metal flashlight.

Middleton’s mother, 77-year-old Ceola Walker, was sleeping but awoke to the sound of gunshots.

“I heard the shots,” Walker told WPTV. “(The deputies) told me to close the door and not come out. They called an ambulance for him.”
    The bullets broke bones in Middleton’s left thigh that will require a metal rod to fix, but Walker said her son should be out of the hospital this week.

The deputies involved had reportedly been placed on paid administrative leave, which is how Florida law punishes cops who shoot black people for no reason.
    http://elitedaily.com/news/world/una...-own-driveway/