Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Online dating/hookup (Manhunt/A4A/Grindr) stories

I used to be a total prude about things like this - and when I moved to LA, my friend at the time "corrupted" me - lol - and now I have Grindr, Adam4Adam and Scruff. I don't hook up all the time though (maybe once every three months), and I'm always totally safe, but the thought crosses my mind from time to time to just delete them. Although I've met friends and even clients off of it, so it's cool.

Some of the funny stories...let's see.

Well one of the more recent is two years ago I went on a date with this guy, but we both "knew" it would be for a hookup. We went out to dinner and then he drove me back to my car, so I was kind of surprised nothing was going to happen. While in the car, his friend called him and I could hear the conversation. The friend said "Is he cute?" and the guy said "He's nice..." And I flipped him a look. Then the friend goes "So you're not going to hook up with him? You hook up with everyone!" In one moment, I felt disgust, sadness and also amusement. It gets better. I happened to grow in a beard, but seriously, I don't look that much different. He found me two years later on a website and began hitting on me. He kept following up, asking to come to his place and hook up, and I didn't realize he didn't know he had already met me. When I figured it out, I was so confused and told him. There was silence. He asked for when and where we met. I said we went out to dinner at such and such for two hours. Then he remembered and basically wrote me off again. Apparently, he wasn't attracted to me - I get that - but find it funny that you could go out with someone for a couple hours and then not recognize/remember them. I would recognize someone I hung out with years ago in a heartbeat.

Then there was the guy who invited me over but kept wandering around his place for an hour or two, on the phone...then while hooking up, would randomly get out of bed, start vacuuming, doing a conference call, cleaning. I swear that dude must have been on something. Not sure what it would be though. It was very uncomfortable and weird.

I also know a lot of guys in relationships that still use it, and it always bothers me. In fact, a guy I kind of like - who was sort of a friend with benefits - just got into a relationship about two weeks ago. And I already caught him on Adam4Adam for hours. Seriously, what's the point of getting into the relationship, then? (I highly doubt they've already committed or spoken about having an open relationship at this early stage in the game, but I could be wrong.)

Have any of you ever went to meet with someone for a hookup and been turned away at the door? That's another thing that has happened to me randomly a couple times. It is always very awkward and has made me more hesitant to meet people, for fear of it happening again. Although most of the time, that doesn't happen.

I stopped using Jack'd and Grindr (which are the only gay apps people use in my part of the world) one day because I got sick of chatting with guys for a week and then when the time came to meet up they would ignore me (or on one occasion, make plans and not show up). Why waste so much time when you didn't intend on meeting? So, I deleted it and discussed the issue with a friend and he made a very good point: "Sure, you'll end up chatting to more people like this, or others you won't ever meet or won't like, but since you deleted these apps, you won't meet ANYONE (since it's very difficult meeting gay guys in real life here)." Simple. True. So, a month later I downloaded Jack'd again. A couple weeks after that I received a message from a guy. This was a week ago and since then we've gone out three times and we're both very happy together and can't wait to see where it goes.

As for awkward first encounters, I went out with this guy who I was not interested in at all, but because we had a mutual friend who insisted I would like him, I relented. I was very pleasantly surprised when I met him. Though I wasn't interested in him physically, I thought he was very friendly. Then, as we sat down at a cafe he took out his phone and began to text chat a friend as I was telling a story. I stopped talking and waited until he was done. He stopped so I continued, then he began to chat again, so I told him to let me know when he's done. He told me to continue talking as he was chatting ("I'm still listening!"). I told him I thought he was being rude and he got defensive, saying that this is how society now functions (multitasking) and so on. I told him that no, society functions through interaction, preferably with the person you're with. I got up, said goodbye and left. Then he walked after me and walked me to the subway station and gave me a hug. Awkward.

I went out with a guy who looked NOTHING like his photos. The photos ended up being a couple years old (like 5). Anyway, we went out, had a coffee, didn't really have anything in common, didn't talk much. It was basically an hour and a half of awkward questions and answers. So, when we were done I told him that it was nice to meet him and to take care. I thought it was obvious that there was no chemistry between us. We didn't message each other for a couple weeks. Then, out of the blue he messaged me without telling me it was him. He had a new picture up and I didn't recognize him. He asked if I remember who he was, I said no. After telling me who he is, he began to ask me what I thought was wrong with him, why I didn't like him, etc. That was also awkward. Just move on.
    "The only time I get in that position is when I give birth." - Dorothy Zbornak

Quote Originally Posted by Baltic View Post
    Then, as we sat down at a cafe he took out his phone and began to text chat a friend as I was telling a story. I stopped talking and waited until he was done. He stopped so I continued, then he began to chat again, so I told him to let me know when he's done. He told me to continue talking as he was chatting
    That is so rude and I can't believe how many people think it's totally acceptable social behavior. It's one thing if you're just casually hanging out with a friend, but on a date? Put your goddamn phone away.

On a date recently a guy I was having dinner with took out his cell phone, began to take a series of selfies (his hand was practically in my face and in my food - and yet like I wasn't there at all) and then began to send pictures to his friends via whatsapp and upload to instagram.

Never saw him again, obv.

I'm having my first Grindr date tonight guys.
    Bracing for disaster.

ETA: Cancelled last minute ofc. Who are these people???
    And more importantly, where have we gone wrong, America?
    Last edited by Akira; 02-26-2014 at 07:04 AM.

Banned
    I was hoping there was a thread like this to say what I just saw and to see if anyone else as been in the situation. I just meet someone who is very attractive and than he sent me the pictues of his private and not an expert but it must be at least 11 inches, i'm a bottom so intimidated and thrilled lol but how does one go about that, maybe just with time and patience.

Prepare beforehand (use a water enema/douche), use lots and lots of lube and while the sex act is going on focus on breathing and relaxing.

Push out. Just push out.
    Sometimes I think the so-called "experts" actually are experts.

Quote Originally Posted by Banjee View Post
    Prepare beforehand (use a water enema/douche)
    Personally, I'm a strong opponent of enemas/douches. If I plan on bottoming (which is rarely, so take this with a grain of salt), I just try to eat foods that won't give me sloppy poops, and I always spend enough time on the terlet so everything gets out.

If you're getting ready to take a big one...just go nice and slow. The sphincter on average takes 30 to 60 seconds to fully relax, so ease yourself down on his dick if you need to keep in control of things. If it doesn't work out, then don't worry your head over it. There are tons of other things you can do that are just as fun and don't involve penetration or potential poopydick.
    Sometimes I think the so-called "experts" actually are experts.

^Curious: is it a health concern, or just something that freaks you out.

Banned
    I was planning on easing myself onto it, being on top I know that it will work best but seriousl just sent a larger copy of that picture and I have no words haha.

Edit: it turns out too good to be true because he than sent me a link to the BDSM/Slave community, heard about this culture for years and chances are he's not real.
    Last edited by TASpark658; 04-16-2014 at 04:39 PM.

adam4adam: stoneforest
    dudesnude: syaugust8

Banned
    manhunt: stewpid

But i'll pronounce it stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by TASpark658 View Post
    manhunt: stewpid

But i'll pronounce it stupid.
    Well, now that you've given me something to check out!
    Last edited by Tonic; 04-16-2014 at 06:57 PM. Reason: re-thought it.

'If you existed, I'd divorce you.' spyk_'s Avatar
    I love that this is just becoming a hook-up thread.