Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 60 of 60

Thread: What podcasts are you listening to?

  1. #46
    Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8,481
    THIS PARTY WITH THE MAZE IS FUCKING RIDICULOUS. THEY BROUGHT THEIR WIVES. THEY LEFT HER HANDCUFFED TO A TRELLIS. WTF.

    I think what I'm liking isn't just that it's MST3K bad, but that the hosts cannot stop cracking up. When other people giggle, I can't help but giggle too. I didn't think I'd enjoy the reading of something so bad so much but they say the things I'm thinking when I'm capable of thought.

    Oh seven hells, this tombola party is somehow for charity?

    THIMBLE. OH HELP ME

  2. #47
    she might not be so bold fullofwish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,550
    ASSES AND DONKEYS TRUST, ANYONE?

    MDWAP works on so many levels, from the base ridiculousness of the story (and Rocky's knowledge of anatomy), to his portrayal of sexuality, to the friendship between the hosts, and of course knowing one of their dad's wrote it.

    In this shitty shitty world, I don't think we knew how much we needed bad dad porn

  3. #48
    Luckiest SweetPea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    3,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    THIS PARTY WITH THE MAZE IS FUCKING RIDICULOUS. THEY BROUGHT THEIR WIVES. THEY LEFT HER HANDCUFFED TO A TRELLIS. WTF.

    I think what I'm liking isn't just that it's MST3K bad, but that the hosts cannot stop cracking up. When other people giggle, I can't help but giggle too. I didn't think I'd enjoy the reading of something so bad so much but they say the things I'm thinking when I'm capable of thought.

    Oh seven hells, this tombola party is somehow for charity?

    THIMBLE. OH HELP ME
    Quote Originally Posted by fullofwish View Post
    ASSES AND DONKEYS TRUST, ANYONE?

    MDWAP works on so many levels, from the base ridiculousness of the story (and Rocky's knowledge of anatomy), to his portrayal of sexuality, to the friendship between the hosts, and of course knowing one of their dad's wrote it.

    In this shitty shitty world, I don't think we knew how much we needed bad dad porn
    YAAASSSS! I am loving how much you guys love it! This podcast saves me from a shitty day on the regular. I can't wait until we're all caught up and can share current episodes!

    By the way... Jim Sterling... omg. *dies*
    You don't have to do everything all by yourself.

  4. #49
    she might not be so bold fullofwish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,550
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea View Post
    YAAASSSS! I am loving how much you guys love it! This podcast saves me from a shitty day on the regular. I can't wait until we're all caught up and can share current episodes!

    By the way... Jim Sterling... omg. *dies*
    I am all caught up (I started listening towards the end of season 1), but am refraining from spoilers for Regina's sake because the surprise is half the fun!

    As for the Jim Sterling moment you are alluding to ... I can only say I was literally screaming during that episode because I could not BELIEVE what I was hearing

    Last night I was listening to the most recent episode on my way home on a very crowded bus (not something I do usually, but I couldn't wait til I got home) and I'm sure I looked like some kind of maniac sitting in my seat, hand over my face, and shoulders shaking from laughter.

  5. #50
    Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8,481
    Quote Originally Posted by fullofwish View Post

    Last night I was listening to the most recent episode on my way home on a very crowded bus (not something I do usually, but I couldn't wait til I got home) and I'm sure I looked like some kind of maniac sitting in my seat, hand over my face, and shoulders shaking from laughter.
    I laughed so hard and so often last night I was keeping kid up. I learned my lesson and it's going to have to be a kid-free listen, like playdates or bathtime. I use my earbuds. I'm not THAT kind of parent. But kid's gonna get curious and that's going to be bad. Today I listened at the beach and I sat there alone cackling like a loon. When I beach it up, I'm covered in hats and sunglasses and wet towels and an enormous bathing suit so there is like no visible skin. (I spend HOURS outside in the sun during the hottest parts of the day nearly every day and yet I manage to still look like someone else's winter body!) I must have been quite the sight, looking like some freak snorting to porn.

    My friends came after me and I didn't move my blanket to where they were because I didn't want to be in a crowd giggling and have to explain what I was laughing at. I know one is super religious and you just know that'd be the person to look down at my phone. Or one of the 3 billion kids in the group. "What's a porno?"

    And you know what? Listening to the horrible things poor Belinda has to wear and the terrible ways in which she's disrobed? It just makes me want to put on more towels and more layers.

    My political podcasts were piling up like crazy so I started listening to some of the slower-paced ones at 1.5 speed. This one? It'll stay at normal.

  6. #51
    Luckiest SweetPea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    3,423
    Quote Originally Posted by fullofwish View Post
    I am all caught up (I started listening towards the end of season 1), but am refraining from spoilers for Regina's sake because the surprise is half the fun!

    As for the Jim Sterling moment you are alluding to ... I can only say I was literally screaming during that episode because I could not BELIEVE what I was hearing

    Last night I was listening to the most recent episode on my way home on a very crowded bus (not something I do usually, but I couldn't wait til I got home) and I'm sure I looked like some kind of maniac sitting in my seat, hand over my face, and shoulders shaking from laughter.
    Oh god, I've learned not to listen while I'm out getting lunch during my work day. The people at the market across the street from my office probably think I'm nuts now! LOL

    Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    I laughed so hard and so often last night I was keeping kid up. I learned my lesson and it's going to have to be a kid-free listen, like playdates or bathtime. I use my earbuds. I'm not THAT kind of parent. But kid's gonna get curious and that's going to be bad. Today I listened at the beach and I sat there alone cackling like a loon. When I beach it up, I'm covered in hats and sunglasses and wet towels and an enormous bathing suit so there is like no visible skin. (I spend HOURS outside in the sun during the hottest parts of the day nearly every day and yet I manage to still look like someone else's winter body!) I must have been quite the sight, looking like some freak snorting to porn.

    My friends came after me and I didn't move my blanket to where they were because I didn't want to be in a crowd giggling and have to explain what I was laughing at. I know one is super religious and you just know that'd be the person to look down at my phone. Or one of the 3 billion kids in the group. "What's a porno?"

    And you know what? Listening to the horrible things poor Belinda has to wear and the terrible ways in which she's disrobed? It just makes me want to put on more towels and more layers.

    My political podcasts were piling up like crazy so I started listening to some of the slower-paced ones at 1.5 speed. This one? It'll stay at normal.
    I was listening while walking the dog the other night and literally GUFFAWED while walking past a couple! I had to apologize and say "sorry, funny podcast" LOL I'm sure they thought I was lying.
    You don't have to do everything all by yourself.

  7. #52
    Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8,481
    Belinda's in Amsterdam. I was finishing my walk. Something realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly gross happened and I had to practically run to my car with my hands over my mouth before I had a meltdown. I was definitely yelling No No No NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO and getting weird looks. I literally drove home screaming. No words, just a primal, guttural yell.

    I also nearly threw up in my mouth.

    And the chapter isn't over

  8. #53
    Luckiest SweetPea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    3,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    Belinda's in Amsterdam. I was finishing my walk. Something realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly gross happened and I had to practically run to my car with my hands over my mouth before I had a meltdown. I was definitely yelling No No No NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO and getting weird looks. I literally drove home screaming. No words, just a primal, guttural yell.

    I also nearly threw up in my mouth.

    And the chapter isn't over
    Oh, Amsterdam isn't THAT bad! LOL I mean, not great... not at all...

    But just wait, JUST YOU WAIT! LOL
    You don't have to do everything all by yourself.

  9. #54
    Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8,481
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetPea View Post
    Oh, Amsterdam isn't THAT bad!
    One might say it was finger licking good.


  10. #55
    Luckiest SweetPea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    3,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    One might say it was finger licking good.

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA*shudder*hahahahah
    You don't have to do everything all by yourself.

  11. #56
    I'm obsessed with You Must Remember This, a podcast dedicated to stories from the classic Hollywood era. The host, Karina Longworth, is a writer and film historian who REALLY knows her stuff. The whole thing feels like sitting down with a friend for the best and nastiest gossip session you could have. At the same time, the research is impeccable, and they frequently unearth remarkably interesting and relevant information. This season is about Jane Fonda and Jean Seberg, and it draws a really fascinating parallel between their lives and journeys.

  12. #57
    Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8,481
    I use an iPhone to listen and the iTunes standard podcast app. I was just wondering why TED Radio Hour hadn't updated, as it comes out Friday mornings and *poof* I was unsubscribed to it and a few others. A couple weeks ago I was unsubscribed to Wait Wait Don't Tell Me but I figured it was just a fat-finger error, but now I see it's iTunes messing with me. Some googling shows that I'm not the only one and this has been happening for YEARS.

    Hooray.

    As I'm on an epic quest for a new ebook reader due to iTunes borking books this week, I don't have the mental capacity for a new podcast app search, but I thought I'd share the warning for anyone else who uses apple stuff to keep an eye on things.

  13. #58
    worth a million in prizes .chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    2,795
    Quote Originally Posted by BrotherNamedErised View Post
    I'm obsessed with You Must Remember This, a podcast dedicated to stories from the classic Hollywood era. The host, Karina Longworth, is a writer and film historian who REALLY knows her stuff. The whole thing feels like sitting down with a friend for the best and nastiest gossip session you could have. At the same time, the research is impeccable, and they frequently unearth remarkably interesting and relevant information. This season is about Jane Fonda and Jean Seberg, and it draws a really fascinating parallel between their lives and journeys.
    I was listening to the Charles Manson ones and it was kind of addicting. I need to go back to this series!

  14. #59
    Princess Sparklefists Sansa Spark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    indoors
    Posts
    545
    I just started My Favorite Murder a couple of weeks ago.

  15. #60
    carried by the sound emanate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,947
    Quote Originally Posted by Sansa Spark
    I just started My Favorite Murder a couple of weeks ago.
    !!!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •