Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Carpet Fashion - 2013!

I really like Lucy Liu's look too. It's quite different from everyone else so she really stands out.

I can't stop looking at the heavy, almost totally unblended contouring make-up on J-Lo's forehead and jawline. Her make-up artist must hate her guts.

A Matter Of How You See It Kala's Avatar
    I think Lucy Liu's dress is exquisite but that Amanda Peet person looks like she's dressed as a hospital inmate.

Quote Originally Posted by julius ebola View Post
    I really like Lucy Liu's look too. It's quite different from everyone else so she really stands out.

I can't stop looking at the heavy, almost totally unblended contouring make-up on J-Lo's forehead and jawline. Her make-up artist must hate her guts.
    From what I've heard about her diva-ness, I wouldn't be surprised.

I absolutely love Michelle Dockery's dress, but it looks like a glammed-up version of something she'd wear on the show. I like her in crazier necklines; Lord Grantham would certainly not approve!

and it sounds like all our lives Kari's Avatar
    SAG awards!!

I loved...

Jennifer Lawrence (again!) in Dior Haute Couture. Stunning.

I thought Anne Hathaway got it very right, except the length felt a bit off to me.

Amanda Seyfried in Zac Posen might have been my fave. Everything about this was amazing.

Eddie

Tina Fey looked amazing, though this is a strange photo. She should wear De La Renta every day, and her hair was fab.

I just kind of want to hump DDL.

Viola Davis in Monique Lhullier. THIS COLOR IS EVERYTHING.

Red Carpet Fashion - 2013!

Viola Davis looks stunning. that dress is gorgeous.

There was some suspense about whether JL would be there last night, because she apparently had pneumonia. But she did look amazing, so I guess she's doing better. I hope she's not rushing her recovery. But yeah, it all worked: makeup, hair, dress. Gorgeous. She's made up for the weird-ass boob shelf at the GGs.

HuffPo posted in their Style section an article saying that Jennifer and Amanda Seyfried had a look that was either "identical" or "eerily similar", with a poll on which one looked better. (AS has a five point lead.) A lot of people are carping at them for saying that, saying the dresses are not that similar. But I think it's a similar look overall (dress, hair, necklace). I'm interested in what Kari, Mario, and anyone else that knows more about this stuff than I do (which isn't hard) has to say about this.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

I'll do a small compare and contrast for the Frenchies.

Marion Cotillard in America

Gerard Depardieu in Russia

she might not be so bold fullofwish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve SFM View Post
    HuffPo posted in their Style section an article saying that Jennifer and Amanda Seyfried had a look that was either "identical" or "eerily similar", with a poll on which one looked better. (AS has a five point lead.) A lot of people are carping at them for saying that, saying the dresses are not that similar. But I think it's a similar look overall (dress, hair, necklace). I'm interested in what Kari, Mario, and anyone else that knows more about this stuff than I do (which isn't hard) has to say about this.
    Apart from the colour and the fact they both have their hair down and over one shoulder, I think they look quite different. I probably prefer Amanda's dress, mainly because I prefer a flowing dress/sweetheart neck to a structured one with a straight neck, but they are both beautiful. Also, did y'all see the pics of how Jennifer's dress ripped when she walked up to the stage?

I don't like Anne Hathaway's dress. That colour on Viola is to die for. The pic of Marion Cotillard is also adorable.

Red Carpet Fashion - 2013!

Those are two COMPLETELY different dresses. Similar colors, but yeah. No.

Quote Originally Posted by fullofwish View Post
    Also, did y'all see the pics of how Jennifer's dress ripped when she walked up to the stage?

Apparently not.

Cue the tweets and speculation: did Jennifer Lawrence's dress just rip?

Not exactly. E! News reasons, "The original gown, which was revealed on the runway at a couture fashion show on Monday, showed clear distinctions that were connected by sheer lining. Lawrence's dress, however, had the lining hidden, so people couldn't really tell that it was a tiered gown." When Lawrence lifted the dress so as not to trip, it seems she only grabbed the top layer, pulling it up to reveal the sheer piece.
    And Dior backs this up. So, no tear. But I can report that a lot of folks were grateful to have a look at her thighs,

Barack Hussein Obama

And in the evening it's. . . Andrea's Avatar
    This was one of my favorites:

I don't love the shoes, but the dress is amazing.

There is an AMAZING multi year retrospective on Oscar gowns on the NYT.

I must say, Jennifer Lawrence in this dress...perfection.

That's one of the best Oscar dresses I've ever seen. I love simple dresses that accentuate the wearer's best features. I hope she comes up with something great this year, especially since she's going to win.

Barack Hussein Obama

I thought Jessica Chastain looked awesome:

Reminiscent of Rita Hayworth.