Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Any other fans?

Easily my favorite show. I practically grew up with it, and I have endless love for it.

I love Buffy. Best show *ever*.

I watched Angel, too, until Connor became a whiny teenager who sucked all the fun out of the show.

^ Dang fool! Watch season five, it's simply amazing.

Also amazing.

I think I watched a couple of episodes from season 5 when some TV station had an Angel marathon. I watched the episode where Angel gets turned into a puppet, anyway. "You're a wee puppet man!"

But yeah, I should watch the rest, I guess.

Yes, Smile Time is epic! But season five more than makes up for the horrific mess they made of season four. It's easily my favourite season of Buffy and Angel combined.

I'm not quiet...I'm plotting. Abi's Avatar
    I'm here and I'm all for a Buffy thread. Did the slayer smilie survive the transition into a better place?

I'm on a Whedon kick as it is. I've just finished Dollhouse season 1...season 2 isn't out here on DVD yet, and am now watching Tru Calling. I think my OH is starting to get annoyed when I yell out "They play ______ in Buffy/Angel/Firefly" at every given opportunity. Which is a lot.

I just buzzsawed through the first three seasons of Buffy on Netflix Instant Play--I somehow missed that whole Buffy cultural moment when I was a teenager, but I'm a huge Joss Whedon fan due to Firefly/Dollhouse, so I wanted to see what all the fuss was about concerning Buffy. Man, oh man. Such a fucking great show. Endless love. Season 3, with Faith and the Mayor, is SPECTACULAR. I also think that Sarah Michelle Gellar is WAY underrated for her work on this show. She is absolutely amazing/arresting to watch, at every turn.

Not particularly interested, though, in anything past Season 3, aka Buffy Goes to College. I've watched some random recommended episodes...I just feel like the conceit of the show is essentially over once they're not in high school anymore. And Willow as a lesbian? No.
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

Season 5 of Buffy is my favourite. The whole Glory and Dawn thing was awesome. And I cried at the end of the season.

Faith was my favourite character on the show in her earlier episodes, but when she got back from jail she was too gangsta-yo for me, so I kind of stopped liking her after that.

Seasons 3 and 5 are my favourites. I didn't care for most of Season Six and seven bugged me when it was on. I found that watching it in quick succession on DVD made it flow a little better.

I actually enjoyed season 6 more than I thought I would. Evil Willow was fun! Also, naked Spike. That could improve any show.

Icon15

The greatest day of my life was when I discovered that every season of both Angel and Buffy were on Netflix Instant Watch -- I know what I'll be doing with my summer vacation!

(Now if they only get Felicity up there, too! MY LIFE WOULD BE COMPLETE.)
    ... here i am!

Quote Originally Posted by The Markness View Post
    Not particularly interested, though, in anything past Season 3, aka Buffy Goes to College. And Willow as a lesbian? No.

Indeed, Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by The Markness View Post

Not particularly interested, though, in anything past Season 3, aka Buffy Goes to College. I've watched some random recommended episodes...I just feel like the conceit of the show is essentially over once they're not in high school anymore. And Willow as a lesbian? No.

The show was at its strongest from season 2 through to the end of season 5. I think season 6 is a different beast altogether, but it's actually pretty great. Season 7 is a total shitshow, but it DOES have a bunch of my favourite episodes.

And I have a lot of love for season 4, which most people seem to hate. I love that it seems to revel in being a stereotypical college show but on steroids, I love the use of Giles' swinging bachelor pad as a base of operations, I love CHER/SHARE TIME.

Willow becomes really awful towards the end though. Some of the saddest character ballsing-up I've ever seen. And I get extremely fucking angry when they all kick Buffy out of her own house. What a bunch of cunts.

Yeah, that was terrible. She saved the world! Lots! And Dawn? Willow? Et tu?

(that said I totally understand why they were annoyed at all her monologuing.)

I've watched most of the series about 4 or 5 times thorugh, but I've only ever watched the last season once. Probably because it kind of sucks, but maybe also because I prefer to think of Sunnydale in present tense.

ETA: IMO, worst character ballsing-up ever was Cordelia on Angel season 4. Tragic.