Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Quote Originally Posted by The Markness View Post
    I'm open to watching the rest of it, but I just felt really, really satisfied by the end of Season 3. Angel goes away, the Mayor is defeated, they graduate...it just felt very final and complete and satisfying for me, so much so that I thought about watching Season 4 and I was kind of like, "....eh, I don't really feel compelled to." And then I read some synopses of the major story arc, and it just didn't sound interesting to me.

All my friends who watch Buffy are torn about Season 5. Some of them love it, some of them hate it (because they didn't like Glory?).

I HAVE watched Hush and Who Are You? from Season 4 (both awesome), and of course the musical episode, which cracked me up. And apparently Season 5 episode "The Body" is one of the best eps of the series.
    Why are you even talking about it then? Just watch and form your own opinion.

I just found out that Netflix has all the seasons available for streaming! We're going to start Season 5 tomorrow.

Shocked and appalled that you assholes don't have it on DVD. What kind of fans ARE YOU? I even have Angel season 4! It's yet to leave the factory seal, but I still have it. Just in case.

My fellow Whedonite that I work with says that Angel is even better than Buffy. Does she speak the truth? (How COULD it be? Buffy is TOO GOOD).
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

waited with a glacier's patience Churumbela's Avatar
    I'm not sure you get to have a fully formed opinion about Buffy unless you've seen "Restless." No question, one of my most favorite episodes of anything ever. (And three of my top five Buffy episodes are from Season 4.)
    I am the beginning. The end. The one that is many.

Quote Originally Posted by Churumbela View Post
    I'm not sure you get to have a fully formed opinion about Buffy unless you've seen "Restless." No question, one of my most favorite episodes of anything ever. (And three of my top five Buffy episodes are from Season 4.)
    I agree.
    And "Restless" is amazing. I never understood the hate for S4. There is some brilliant stuff there.

Mark, this is why you should see Season 4

enuff said.

I don't get it either, Sara. I love Season 4. Everyone likes "Hush," obviously, but there is just so much hilarity in Season 4! The Halloween episode is amazing, and Jonathan's episode, of course, is fucking fantastic.

Hush is one of the best episodes of TV evar. My ex hated S4 and when I asked why, it was just "'cuz Riley's face bugs me. And I didn't like Beer Bad". After I'd finish beating my head off the wall, I'd argue that there's way more good in the season than bad and it deserves some love, but no, she wasn't having it.

Well, nobody likes Beer Bad, really. But you can't judge the entire season by that one crappy episode!

(And while Hush is amazing, I can't really watch it when I re-watch the show. Floating things give me the fucking creeps.)

I agree that Season 4 is awesome.

But!
    Quote Originally Posted by Loca View Post
    Mark, this is why you should see Season 4

enuff said.
    This is just UNTRUE.

Quote Originally Posted by Churumbela View Post
    Floating things give me the fucking creeps
    The Gentlemen have been my desktop background on my laptop for years. They are the best Buffy villains ever!

Your laptop would give me nightmares. You have feet, The Gentlemen! Fucking use them and stop floating around like creepshows! (You're right, though. Definitely the best villains. Unless you count The Cheese Man as a villain, in which case, I vote for him.)

Quote Originally Posted by devnull View Post
    I agree that Season 4 is awesome.

But!

This is just UNTRUE.

He was a bit of a weenis but he was good for lulz in the "...oh god you're thick" kind of way.

Quote Originally Posted by devnull View Post
    The Gentlemen have been my desktop background on my laptop for years. They are the best Buffy villains ever!
    They are and that too would freak me out. My brother still talks about the time we watched Hush and how they scared the shit out of him.

You know that moment when Giles' booty call comes to look out the window? And she sees one floating far away? And you get a comfortably distant scared feeling... like oooh, creepy, glad that guy is way over there! And then BOOM, another one slides by inches from the glass and grins at her? I've seen that I don't know how many times and I still jump. SO GOOD.