Thread: The Real L Word

Question The Real L Word

Anybody gonna watch tonight? (Showtime/US)
    I watched the L word and have my reservations about this one as well.
    Who am I kidding? I will have popcorn and enjoy picking apart how ridiculous it is...and still continue to watch every week.

Honestly, the promos for the show looked way too fake for me to be able to watch the show with any enjoyment.

burning up the bible BettahDevil's Avatar
    Oh man! I saw an ad for this on Logo, and thought it was going to BE on Logo. No Showtime over here. Ah well. I'll figure something out. It looks quite ridiculous, but I am definitely looking forward to it!

Hmmm....it was very hollywood. Didn't connect with any of the women. Will try again next week. Seemed a bit disjointed and random. Perhaps just tried too hard to intro everyone and everything in short time. We shall see.

Meh. I thought it was overwhelmingly pretentious, which I suppose I expected. It is an Ilene Chaiken creation. I also didn't relate to any of the women, but I guess I'm not in the "top 1% of lesbians", eh?
    Last edited by countessfail; 06-21-2010 at 07:35 PM.

I had to rewind that 1% bit. Could not BELIEVE it bwahaha!

The fact that in every promo I've seen all of the girls have to keep reinforcing to us that the show and their lives on the show are "real" makes me believe that it's just another Hollywood reality show. Fake and zzzzz.

About as real as the strap-on they showed for next week's promo.
    The diva fit thrown by the fashion mag woman was hilarious. I have to watch.
    Train. wreck.

Watching it now and I'm unimpressed.

We'll see how brave you are. Bluebell's Avatar
    That was worse than I expected, and that's saying a lot seeing as a) Chaiken is involved, b) it deals with LA power lesbians and c) it's a reality show. Gross. The only one I didn't want to punch out was Tracy.