Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Veronica Mars

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Got the book from the library this week and the dedication was nice.

[IMG][/IMG]

So far it's ok. It's not the best crime novel I've read, but it's not the worst. Plus sometimes it's hard to judge them until they're over, like "who dunnit and why?" is a big part of liking a crime novel. For a novelization of a tv show, even if it's original material? It's pretty good.

“Veronica Mars” actor Brad Bufanda committed suicide on Wednesday, Page Six has confirmed. He was 34.

The Los Angeles County coroner’s office told Page Six that Bufanda died from injuries sustained after jumping off a building.

Bufanda’s manager confirmed his death to us on Friday, saying, “We are completely devastated for he was an extremely talented young actor and wonderful, caring human being. He was reviving his career, having just completed two movies, and we are shocked and saddened by his passing. The family would appreciate privacy at this difficult time.”

Bufanda appeared on TV’s “Veronica Mars” in the recurring role of Felix Toombs throughout Seasons 1 and 2. He also appeared on other TV shows such as “Malcolm in the Middle” and “Days of Our Lives,” and had a part in “A Cinderella Story.”
    Sad.

This day is like wish fulfillment. Not my tier 1, top shelf wishes, but like... secondary wishes.

It’s the most amazing news. All I need now is a Pushing Daisies season, the inevitable Hannibal follow-up and all the biggest cancellation woes of my life will be remedied. And, I mean, they have to have Enrico on board to have even considered it, right?

I have never seen Veronica Mars, but I hope she is able to do both VM and The Good Place. I always get nervous when actors on TV shows I like get attached to other shows, even though it seems more common for actors to be on multiple shows these days. I really like The Good Place and it seems like a show that might get canceled (quirky idea, subtle humor, probably not for everyone).

Quote Originally Posted by sleeptheclock View Post
    I have never seen Veronica Mars, but I hope she is able to do both VM and The Good Place. I always get nervous when actors on TV shows I like get attached to other shows, even though it seems more common for actors to be on multiple shows these days. I really like The Good Place and it seems like a show that might get canceled (quirky idea, subtle humor, probably not for everyone).
    Oh, you should try it. Last I saw it was on Amazon Prime. It's super good. Noir teenage mystery but very adult (generally one mystery per episode and one larger mystery arc per season). Doesn't feel like a teenage show. Three seasons and I think the third one is shorter. And a movie. And two novels. But three seasons and a movie. Not a lot of investment. If episode one doesn't hook you, then you just lost 45 minutes.

They say Kristen can do both shows. I'm assuming a reboot of VM would be a short season and The Good Place is already short. And The Good Place S2 comes to Netflix on the 28th. It was picked up for S3.

Good Place S3 has already completed filming She's all set to do both. Rumor is 8 episodes for Hulu.

Veronica Mars Writers Room Adds Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Of Course

So you’re the all-time leading scorer in the NBA. You’re well into your next act professionally, and you’re ready to take on new creative pursuits? So what do you do next? You join the writers room of a high-profile television revival, naturally. Veronica Mars creator Rob Thomas announced his new writers room on Twitter today, and among the lineup of generally average-sized people stands a giant of a man and one of the greatest professional basketball players of all time, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. Abdul-Jabbar has of course been an established writer for some time now, with bylines appearing in outlets like the Guardian, and he’s authored or co-authored more than ten books, one of them being a tangential entry in the Sherlock Holmes literary universe called Mycroft Holmes.