Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Veronica Mars

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar

Icon15 Veronica Mars

They're doing a Kickstarter to film a VM movie this summer. I'm so happy.

The video is cracking me up. And I love that Dick is eating Krusty-Os in it. I watch the reruns when I can, even if I have to suffer through SoapNet glurge. It doesn't get boring, even if S3 isn't the same quality as S2 which isn't the same quality as S1.

yeah, that's so cool. they are at 1.4 million already, so it looks like it will definitely happen!

The pledge rewards are nuts. Not bad to get a pdf of the script for only $10, but I'm surprised the $10,000 slot has been taken. "You will get a speaking role in the movie. Here’s the scene — Veronica is eating with the man in her life. Things have gotten tense between them. You are the waiter/waitress. You approach the table, and you say, “Your check, sir.” We guarantee you will be on camera as you say the line. Unless you go all hammy and ruin the scene and we have to cut you out, but that would be a sad day for all of us. Just say the line. Don’t over-think it. You’re a waiter. Your motivation is to turn over the table. In addition to appearing in the movie, you’ll receive a framed copy of the page of the script that includes your line. You’ll get an invitation to the premiere and the after party. You are, after all, in the movie. Think of yourself as Guy Fleegman from Galaxy Quest. People will surely want autographs. You’ll also receive the signed movie poster, the Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack, the digital version of the movie, the T-shirt and a pdf of the shooting script."

thundering blissful towards death stillorbiting's Avatar
    I can't believe it made that much money in one day. Holy shit.

Earlier in the week, this where are they now slideshow was posted.

Piz was in The Help and both Logan and Kendall were in Supernatural. Beaver was in Red State, which was distracting until I figured out who he was. Dick was in Friends With Benefits, which was a cute sitcom before it was canceled. I was watching Burning Love the other day and Vinnie is the main character whose shrink is the creepy teacher who knocked up Susan Knight, Mr. Rooks. And KB is one of the bachelorettes on S1. Landry's been in so much, like I just saw him on a Pushing Daisies rerun. Troy is on The Following and Warehouse 13.

Adam Scott (the creepy Mr. Rooks) is now the awesome and adorable Ben on Parks and Recreation, and he managed to make me forget his VM role (took a while, though). (And of course the actress playing Carrie Bishop - who took Mr. Rooks to the task in that episode - went on to become Blair Waldorf in Gossip Girl.)

The kickstarter is at $2.5 mln right now, unbelievable!

I had forgotten, but S1 & S2 are streaming on the WB's website.

One of the top articles on BBC News' Entertainment web site:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21782941

I can't wait for this movie, I'm wondering if it's going to be like the S4 preview that was on the S3 DVD extras, or something completely different...

I can't wait; according to interviews, the FBI "S4 Preview" on the DVDs was an "alternate universe". The movie will be in regular continuity and focus on Veronica's return to Neptune for her 10 year reunion (partially as an excuse to get pretty much all the major characters back in the action, schedules permitting). It's up to around $3.3 million and counting, although it slowed to a crawl today. With a few more rewards packages and the rest of the 28 days, though, I could totally see it ending up in the $5 million range (probably still $4 million or so after all the reward fulfillment). I am so going to see this in the theater.

I also read the $10k speaking role in the film didn't even go to a superfan, it's a (wealthy) guy who watched the show a bit, but is more just a fan of crowdsourcing/Kickstarter in general.

Small story about the kickstarter in this week's EW (with Jon Snow and Dany on the cover).

Some plot points about the movie:

And they're intending to show some footage at Comic-Con this summer. "I hope this is the start of a franchise..." -Thomas

Rob Thomas video:

The kickstarter is now accepting pledges for as little as $1 and from people outside of the US.

I kicked in a few bucks. It's only scheduled to be up for another day or so.

They broke the record of most backers on kickstarter :-)

Veronica, Keith, Logan, Piz (even though he got super hot IRL, I hate the character), Weevil, and Wallace have been signed. There's another, but I'm blanking and I can't find it online or in my emails. Filming starts next week!

I know *a* lawyer Cliff will be back too. He shared this story today:

I wanted to share one of my favorite memories from the show. I was shooting a scene with Kristen and Rico. It was the week before Thanksgiving, and Kristen mentioned that someone was making a "turducken." Rico made an "mmm" noise, and I made an "eww" noise.

Rico: "Daran, you don't like Turducken?"

Me: "I don't eat anything that starts with 'turd'."

Rico got the giggles, which gave me the giggles. Then I made it worse by claiming that a turducken is "actually just a roast duck stuffed with turds." Rico and I could barely keep it together when we finally shot the scene, while Kristen remained the consummate professional. Juvenile? Perhaps. But in our defense, it was very late on a Friday night after a long week.
    And this video:

Dick made a funny reaction video to meeting Kickstarter goals: