Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 47

Thread: Veronica Mars

  1. #31
    Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    10,776
    Got the book from the library this week and the dedication was nice.

    [IMG][/IMG]


    So far it's ok. It's not the best crime novel I've read, but it's not the worst. Plus sometimes it's hard to judge them until they're over, like "who dunnit and why?" is a big part of liking a crime novel. For a novelization of a tv show, even if it's original material? It's pretty good.

  2. #32
    Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    10,776
    “Veronica Mars” actor Brad Bufanda committed suicide on Wednesday, Page Six has confirmed. He was 34.

    The Los Angeles County coroner’s office told Page Six that Bufanda died from injuries sustained after jumping off a building.

    Bufanda’s manager confirmed his death to us on Friday, saying, “We are completely devastated for he was an extremely talented young actor and wonderful, caring human being. He was reviving his career, having just completed two movies, and we are shocked and saddened by his passing. The family would appreciate privacy at this difficult time.”

    Bufanda appeared on TV’s “Veronica Mars” in the recurring role of Felix Toombs throughout Seasons 1 and 2. He also appeared on other TV shows such as “Malcolm in the Middle” and “Days of Our Lives,” and had a part in “A Cinderella Story.”
    Sad.

  3. #33
    Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    10,776


    This day is like wish fulfillment. Not my tier 1, top shelf wishes, but like... secondary wishes.

  4. #34
    Senior Member Nick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    4,207
    It’s the most amazing news. All I need now is a Pushing Daisies season, the inevitable Hannibal follow-up and all the biggest cancellation woes of my life will be remedied. And, I mean, they have to have Enrico on board to have even considered it, right?

  5. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,333
    I have never seen Veronica Mars, but I hope she is able to do both VM and The Good Place. I always get nervous when actors on TV shows I like get attached to other shows, even though it seems more common for actors to be on multiple shows these days. I really like The Good Place and it seems like a show that might get canceled (quirky idea, subtle humor, probably not for everyone).

  6. #36
    Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    10,776
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeptheclock View Post
    I have never seen Veronica Mars, but I hope she is able to do both VM and The Good Place. I always get nervous when actors on TV shows I like get attached to other shows, even though it seems more common for actors to be on multiple shows these days. I really like The Good Place and it seems like a show that might get canceled (quirky idea, subtle humor, probably not for everyone).
    Oh, you should try it. Last I saw it was on Amazon Prime. It's super good. Noir teenage mystery but very adult (generally one mystery per episode and one larger mystery arc per season). Doesn't feel like a teenage show. Three seasons and I think the third one is shorter. And a movie. And two novels. But three seasons and a movie. Not a lot of investment. If episode one doesn't hook you, then you just lost 45 minutes.

    They say Kristen can do both shows. I'm assuming a reboot of VM would be a short season and The Good Place is already short. And The Good Place S2 comes to Netflix on the 28th. It was picked up for S3.

  7. #37
    Senior Member Nick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    4,207
    Good Place S3 has already completed filming She's all set to do both. Rumor is 8 episodes for Hulu.

  8. #38
    Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    10,776


    Veronica Mars Writers Room Adds Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Of Course

    So you’re the all-time leading scorer in the NBA. You’re well into your next act professionally, and you’re ready to take on new creative pursuits? So what do you do next? You join the writers room of a high-profile television revival, naturally. Veronica Mars creator Rob Thomas announced his new writers room on Twitter today, and among the lineup of generally average-sized people stands a giant of a man and one of the greatest professional basketball players of all time, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. Abdul-Jabbar has of course been an established writer for some time now, with bylines appearing in outlets like the Guardian, and he’s authored or co-authored more than ten books, one of them being a tangential entry in the Sherlock Holmes literary universe called Mycroft Holmes.

  9. #39
    Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    10,776

  10. #40
    Senior Member CC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    Wonderful Wonderful Woooonderful!

    July will be the month of the marshmallows

  11. #41
    Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    10,776
    S4 dropped a week early. I'm trying to avoid spoilers but it looks good and is getting good reviews.

  12. #42
    Senior Member CC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    S4 dropped a week early. I'm trying to avoid spoilers but it looks good and is getting good reviews.
    That sound good
    Unfortunately, it seems as if the 4th season won't be made available in germany for some time soon...

  13. #43
    Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    10,776
    Oh boy. It was ... not good. I'm kind of angry now. Overall, the season was ok. Maybe a little bit better than S3 because some of the Lilith House/Phi Sig/Dean stuff was a little much. But there were a lot of plot holes. I didn't notice them myself, but reading other reactions there were a lot of things that in retrospect were senseless and stupid. The reappearance of many of my favorites was great, but the absence of a few of them was conspicuous. But the main mystery dragged on too long and kept going in circles. The season-long mysteries of S1 and S2 worked because she wasn't working on the two cases all episode, every episode. She'd go rescue a dog and pick up a clue, next episode do a new club, get another clue. So 22 episodes had 22 little mysteries and one big arc. This season was just one big mystery and it didn't work quite as well.

    That was the problem with S3 too. Two smaller mysteries in each half of the season, with mini cases each episode. But it also didn't click. The movie worked fine.

    The casting was good, the acting good. Some of the grown up aspects of the show worked really well.

    But (spoilers including ending and perp)


  14. #44
    Senior Member CC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    323
    Oh dear... I had a feeling that it might not reach its former level, as there seem to be no negotiations with other european networks to make it available outside Hulu (as far as I can tell).
    Still: I wanna watch it!!!

  15. #45
    Senior Member CC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by Regina Phalange View Post
    Oh boy. It was ... not good. I'm kind of angry now. Overall, the season was ok. Maybe a little bit better than S3 because some of the Lilith House/Phi Sig/Dean stuff was a little much. But there were a lot of plot holes. I didn't notice them myself, but reading other reactions there were a lot of things that in retrospect were senseless and stupid. The reappearance of many of my favorites was great, but the absence of a few of them was conspicuous. But the main mystery dragged on too long and kept going in circles. The season-long mysteries of S1 and S2 worked because she wasn't working on the two cases all episode, every episode. She'd go rescue a dog and pick up a clue, next episode do a new club, get another clue. So 22 episodes had 22 little mysteries and one big arc. This season was just one big mystery and it didn't work quite as well.
    I finally got the chance to see this season - and although I had already lowered my hopes and expectations, I was disappointed.
    There are lots of scenes that have the old magic for me, but Veronicas Character was transfored into such a dislikable person that it was hard to endure at times.
    And the ending was not convincing. Rob Thomas said that he wanted to get all the teenage soap opera themes out of the show and focus mainly on the mystery part for the furture.
    For my taste, that's not what I liked about the show: I liked how real problems and violence in kids lives were intertwined with an overarching mystery and how people changed over the years while they were growing up. It was very much an ensemble series for me, less a VM-focused show.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •