Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: the curious case of amanda bynes

Random Celebrity Gossip

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
    There is a video at the link that shows her walking right into a pole. Crazy.
    Ok, I retract. That was just fucking sad. Hey paparazzi...you're slime. I think I would be mental too if I happened to be followed and video taped every where I went.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPeaches View Post
    It reminds me of Britney's meltdown. Maybe she's bipolar as well?
    At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if she were schizophrenic.

I believe she is at the age where schizophrenia really shows its self.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve SFM View Post
    At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if she were schizophrenic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarella View Post
    I believe she is at the age where schizophrenia really shows its self.
    That has been a concern, allegedly.

According to the Daily Beast, in the spring of 2010, Bynes was kicked out of the Farrelly brothers’ film, Hall Pass. Although Bynes tweeted that she left because of "scheduling conflicts," word on the street says otherwise:

One source said Bynes had acted strangely during the filming—paranoid and fearful. Star Owen Wilson and the Farrellys wanted Bynes to continue in the film if she could get a hold of herself, but nothing changed—the co-directors, the source said, kept the cameras running in between takes to show Bynes' odd behavior in case anyone from her camp decided to sue.

http://thestir.cafemom.com/entertain...hinted_2_years
    Pummelo: “Okay, so if Amanda isn’t using drugs and if she isn’t abusing alcohol, how do you explain the really bizarre behavior? On Monday she locked herself inside of Department store dressing room for 2 hours. Before that, a fellow Equinox Gym member reported that Ms. Bynes was talking and laughing hysterically to her elliptical machine. There have even been reports, by neighbors, that she has long, drawn out conversations with inanimate objects. To be honest, that’s some strange shit right out of a Mary Poppins movie.”

Bynes Family Member: “Those type of reports and stories are why I have elected to talk with you privately. We realize how all of this looks and are concerned about the media reports regarding Amanda. A few months ago, we started seeing these bizarre behaviors so we had her evaluated and were told that Amanda is suffering from early onset schizophrenia. The physicians are still working on leveling out the dosage for her medication and that’s why we continue to see strange behavior from her.”

Pummelo: “So you’re saying that it was her early onset schizophrenia that was causing her to drive around aimlessly in the airport parking lot at Bob Hope Airport last month?”

Bynes Family Member: “Yes. It’s one of several legal things we are encountering and our lawyer is working with the authorities so that they understand the situation.”

-->

Pummelo: “But when asked about this, your family recently insisted that Amanda does not have mental health issues and that she does not need treatment. Why are we getting these conflicting reports?”

Bynes Family Member: “To be honest, not everyone in the family is ready to face the reality that Amanda is nutty. Several people are in denial, even Amanda, but a few of us have accepted it and want to find a solution.”

http://www.thepummelo.com/2012/09/ex...-bynes-is.html
    Amanda Bynes has much bigger problems than smoking pot and driving illegally ... there's evidence she has serious mental issues.

TMZ has spoken with a number of people who have had repeated contact with Bynes over the last few months, and the stories are consistent and disturbing.

Several people from her gym -- Equinox in West Hollywood - tell us, she has been showing increasingly alarming signs of delusional behavior. One person says Amanda came to the gym Thursday looking dazed and began speaking with herself -- making comments and then answering back.

Another person says when Amanda was on the elliptical, she would stop suddenly and start "laughing hysterically for no reason." She did this periodically throughout her workout. This person says he's seen her dozens of times in the last few months, and says it's apparent her condition is "deteriorating."

Several of Amanda's neighbors echo the concern over Amanda's condition. One tells us he observed her on several occasions having long conversations with inanimate objects. Another person says people in her condo complex are aware of her condition and her conduct but haven't called her friends or relatives or authorities because they just don't want to get involved, given her profile.

Some of the people in the building have been upset over the last few weeks, because they believe the media is painting Amanda as a garden variety pothead and they say her problems are much deeper.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/09/15/amanda...#ixzz2Oy6NyLPL

You know what her tweets sound like? Someone who's just started smoking weed. Everything is hilarious and why not post dumb shit you think is hilarious at the moment on twitter?

Also, the magic mushroom tweet. Could she possibly not be schizophrenic but a habitual hallucinogenic drug user?
    The Landslide Never Brought, Brought Me Down

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Also, the magic mushroom tweet. Could she possibly not be schizophrenic but a habitual hallucinogenic drug user?
    Habitual mushroom users don't even act like that.
    When they're calling
    From the edge

the reichenbach hero fox in socks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    You know what her tweets sound like? Someone who's just started smoking weed. Everything is hilarious and why not post dumb shit you think is hilarious at the moment on twitter?

i dont know man. ive had a lot of experience with cannabis and more than my fair share of hallucinogens, and never acted/said such incessant tomfooleries. id buy her behavior as more of a chronic stimulant user than hallucinogen user.

the reichenbach hero fox in socks's Avatar

Icon15 the curious case of amanda bynes

perhaps amanda can have a dedicated thread since her shit gets nuttier all the time.

perhaps some mod can facilitate that movement!

this weekend, in amanda news:

Amanda Bynes
    ‏@AmandaBynes
    I'm suing @usweekly & @perezhilton for continuing to act like I'm doing something wrong by tweeting and walking to photoshoots. Fuck you!!!!
    oh. okay.

A source tells Us Weekly that the What I Like About You actress looked like she was "pretending to be a ghost," while a second eyewitness notes that she was "walking into things because she couldn't see." At one point, the onlooker says, she ducked into a nearby McDonald's, where she ordered a coffee and a soda and sipped both simultaneously.
    amazing. shes either starved for attention, any kind of attention...or totally mental. or both.

'If you existed, I'd divorce you.' spyk_'s Avatar
    Pummelo: “But when asked about this, your family recently insisted that Amanda does not have mental health issues and that she does not need treatment. Why are we getting these conflicting reports?”

Bynes Family Member: “To be honest, not everyone in the family is ready to face the reality that Amanda is nutty. Several people are in denial, even Amanda, but a few of us have accepted it and want to find a solution.”
    That's gross. 'Nutty'? If she does have mental health issues, why is it anyone else's business? Maybe we're getting 'conflicted reports' because it's private.

Yeah, "nutty" is uncool, especially if it is schizophrenia. And denial ending is a very good thing, but to my mind, ending your denial and then TALKING TO THE FUCKING MEDIA isn't particularly helpful.

'If you existed, I'd divorce you.' spyk_'s Avatar
    Completely uncool. I would describe my mother as nutty, because she talks to herself and irons underwear. My aunt had schizophrenia, and committed suicide. It's fucking serious. Even if she doesn't have it, it upsets me to see it discussed in this way. I shouldn't be surprised. Mental illness is vastly misunderstood across society, let alone by the gutter press. It's hard to find this whole thing funny - it just seems really sad to me. I don't know much about her, but she was hilarious in Hairspray.

Quote Originally Posted by spyk_ View Post
    I don't know much about her, but she was hilarious in Hairspray.
    I love her in that! I used to really dig her sitcom What I Like About You too. I'll still watch it when it reruns.
    When they're calling
    From the edge

Oh god, my sister used to watch her when she was on Nickelodeon. She was on Figure It Out and All That, then got her own show called The Amanda Show. She was actually pretty funny (and slightly annoying) as far as Nickelodeon/Disney kids go. I was hoping she'd turn out to be one of the grounded ones. She seemed headed in the right direction for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Autumn View Post

Shouldn't that be in the thread title? The Amanda "I want drake to murder my vagina" Bynes thread.

Nah, I like the title.