Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Miley Cyrus is like a bird.

Thumbs up Miley Cyrus is like a bird.

Have we discussed how stunning Can't Be Tamed is?

By stunning I of course mean terrible. The "can't be taaaamed!" cries are pretty good, but the rest is obviously incredibly flimsy and yucky.

But mostly it's amazing because of how it's all blatantly a lie. Miley can't be tamed, except for when she's the ultimate performing monkey, slave to both the Mouse and her family. Speaking of which, she's really doing both of her puppeteers proud here. Classy, graceful, chaste - like a bird in the red light district.

I love Miley. NEVER CHANGE.

Only knows desire. Perky Compson's Avatar
    Is it just me, or do parts of this song sound exactly like Flo Rida's "Right Round"?

I can't even love it as a guilty pop pleasure.

Mr. Phelps Boyfriend TASpark658's Avatar
    So not sure what everyone here thinks but I thought Bangerz was a great album and she girl can sing. Lately she is collaborating with The Flaming Lips and it's weird and kind of cool:

I like,no love, couple of Bangerz tracks.When she gets it right,she really nails it. 4x4 is great and feels fresh with its accordion accompanied rhtym and combining country and hiphop.Wrecking Ball is probably the best pop ballad/midtempo song that happened last year.Rooting for My Baby is deliciously dark and moody(I can see why Tori chose this for performing,it is the best one in the bunch in songwriting wise) and SMS is a good banger although being a bit silly.

However the rest is your average mainstream electropop album that failed to keep my attention.Nothing to write home about really and picking Adore You as a 3rd single is a huge misstep.It probably killed the record and buzz she got for her previous singles.
    the draught was the very worst

Miley has released a surprise free album called Miley Cyrus & Her Dead Petz

This is really interesting, listening to it to figure out how I feel.
    Не може со обични зборови да ја домами необичноста, зашто и необичните си имаат секој свој пат и тешко се среќаваат.

well thanks for that dry heave, Miley. Really needed too see you backwash glitter.

The album is actually so nice! Doesn't sound like Dooo It. There are some beautiful songs, my faves are Karen Don't Be Sad and Twinke Song so far
    Не може со обични зборови да ја домами необичноста, зашто и необичните си имаат секој свој пат и тешко се среќаваат.

Pablow the Blowfish; WTF I love it.

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar
    It's basically Miley & The Flaming Lips, which is a weird combo that oddly works.

I'm going to give this one a shot.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

So, do we want to talk about this?

I think Nicki is a 32-year-old grown-ass woman that should know better than to call somewhat out like that. It came across as highly childish.

The album is overshadows the Nicki feud. This is a sprawling, fascinating piece of work. Not trying to sound hyperbolic, but I'm kind of in awe of its very existence? Who would have imagined anything like this? Given that it clocks in at just over 90 minutes, I've only played it through three times. However, each listen is making me fall deeper in love with everything about it.

The cover: A dessert bukakke? Ridiculous. But striking.
    The title: How glorious that she's assigned this name of Dead Petz to the collective who've supported this project, but also highlighting the inspiration. It's both literal and metaphorical at the same time. Digging even deeper, think about the love you've had/have for your pets, or animals. It's way more black and white than the grey of human emotion... which makes this entire album even more devastating. I've never heard loss sung and expressed this way.
    The music: Psychedelic. Stoner pop. Hip hop. Balladry. It's a fucking trip.

Easily one of the best releases of the year so far.

Listing now... I'm impressed that some of the tunes are written and produced solely by Miley.
    Living in my own personal Cornwall bubble

america last
    Hideous album tbh. It vacillates between aggravating and plain soporific which sadly is business as usual for Miley AND the Flips. It's hard to go off on the tastelessness of an album that wears it so proudly and exaggeratedly but mostly I'm just amazed at how any music can try way too hard and be this crushingly boring at the same time. It's depressing and totally not fun (OR FUNNY). And Miley is such a charmless vocalist she's incapable even of bratty, punky, inverse charm.

Oh god I'm listening again and those guitar squiggles are the exact sonic equivalent of being the subject of a glitter bukkake. READ HER FOR FILTH, NICKI
    Last edited by Andrew; 08-31-2015 at 10:47 PM.