Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast

Thread: Joanna Newsom - Divers - Oct 23rd (NEW ALBUM THREAD)

pummelled gall-nuts afloat in urine
    https://dragcity.s3.amazonaws.com/pr...1_Make_Hay.mp3

Right click -> "save link" or "save target" or whatever it is (some OSes'll just auto download if you click it, tho)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    https://dragcity.s3.amazonaws.com/pr...1_Make_Hay.mp3

Right click -> "save link" or "save target" or whatever it is (some OSes'll just auto download if you click it, tho)
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    From where?
    Oh, sorry! It is on the Drag City website, upper right hand corner.

what an amazing song. i can't believe she did not put this on the album. someone on facebook was just asking for someone to recommend him an epic album. Ys, of course. i am glad i typed her name because it led me to Make Hay.
    Last edited by Paul.; 10-25-2016 at 03:51 AM.

streak his blood across my beak PoorMatty's Avatar
    God, why was this left off the album?? There was plenty of space left, J! I'd have much preferred this to "Same Old Man." The parts that begin with "How was I to know?" are really giving me some serious feels.

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PoorMatty View Post
    God, why was this left off the album?? ... I'd have much preferred this to "Same Old Man."
    Having the exact same thoughts.

pummelled gall-nuts afloat in urine
    We should.... have both.

she might not be so bold fullofwish's Avatar
    Me too! Especially with the lyrics cross-over with Time, As A Symptom - feels very Tori/Stevie Nicks to have a b-side where you can see where she was (lyrically, at least) working things out and perhaps taking things from one song to add to another.

I think the flow of the album would've been messed up had this song been left on. Also, maybe she thought it was a bit redundant? I remember her talking about this song. Didn't she say something like it was messing with the sequence?
    The Landslide Never Brought, Brought Me Down

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    Buh bye "Same Old Man", hello "Make Hay!" That's my dream scenario.

Lyrical acuity and mum-smarts menju56's Avatar
    Listened to Sapokanikan again the other day, so good.

I love the album and have listened to it countless times, but I am only now beginning to discover the beauties of Anecdotes. and Waltz has become one of my favorite Joanna songs.
    incredible the first animal that dreamed of another animal

Everything about this album continues to grow for me. This is undoubtedly one of my top three, maybe two, albums of all time.

I listen to this every time I fly. I try to start 'Time, As a Symptom' so it crescendos just as the plane lands. It makes for a very emotional end to a trip.

I'm so glad Waltz has grown on people! I remember when it came out it wasn't held as highly in regard as the rest of the album. I love the instrumental breakdown right before the final moments of the song.

This album is probably my favorite Joanna, even if it's for as silly a reason as it was the first of hers that I experienced released in real time.

Also, the title track! So goddamn beautiful! Another underrated one! I may not connect to the lyrics but when youre cruising around at night and The Things I Say ends and the opening harp notes are plucked on Divers, it just makes you feel something strong inside.

There are certain songs that you might not connect with lyrically but there is such a strong musical connection made through listening to it, it's as if the lyrics don't matter. That's how I feel about the title track. She could be saying anything at all and it wouldn't make a difference, I'd love it all the same. The composition of the song just feels so right.
    Last edited by Domandapiano; 08-05-2017 at 08:37 PM.