Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Joanna Newsom - Divers - Oct 23rd (NEW ALBUM THREAD)

'If you existed, I'd divorce you.' spyk_'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    I still don't get the cartoon strip.
    We take a walk along the dirty lake
    Hear the goose cussing at me over her eggs
    You poor little cousin
    I don't want your dregs
    A little baby fussing all over my legs

I say no more.

pummelled gall-nuts afloat in urine
    The little man is her baby? D:

'If you existed, I'd divorce you.' spyk_'s Avatar
    Ajdkfjfiosfdiosdh[ioasdfio[d[dfhi. Never mind.

NO NEWS YET ITS KILLING ME.

Pitchfork festival is on Friday though! Eager to see what she will play.

looking for a little hope just owls's Avatar
    They should be streaming her set on Friday, even though I can't find official confirmation that they will. I don't think they usually announce the streaming lineup until the first day of the festival.

Quote Originally Posted by just owls View Post
    They should be streaming her set on Friday, even though I can't find official confirmation that they will. I don't think they usually announce the streaming lineup until the first day of the festival.
    YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

Joanna played four new songs at the Pitchfork Festival -- Diver's Wife, Look and Despair, and two more. She didn't say anything about an album, but she said, "I wasn't quite sure what to play tonight because I have a lot of new songs, but no one comes out just for the new songs."

I figured out lyrics to the short new song (it's just over 2 minutes long and on piano) but some are questionable because of the recording quality. I'll spoiler it in case no one wants to hear/read new material yet.

New song (piano)

New song (harp)

Buried somewhere in their rambling August newsletter, Drag City throws this vague little tidbit out there, which may or may not be related to Joanna. I don't know anything about her label so maybe they are talking about a totally different musician/band.

Speaking of your sweet, stupid expectations, there's one more record we're talking about throwing on the November date that you can't know about yet, which means we can't tell you. And given that this is a NEWS-letter, fuck! That BLOWS. Our mind, that is. Because that BLOWS - as in, SUCKS, that is. Gee, when did blow jobs become such a estimate of disappointment? That kinda snuck up on us. This seems unfair to all of us who enjoy a good blow job! Hm, we'll have to exploit this further in newsletters down the line. Fortunately, there will be many newsletters in our future, while we sell all the INCREDIBLE new releases mentioned above - along with the one we didn't mention 'cause we can't - and lots of other ones too.
    So, aside from that being totally obnoxious, wouldn't it be lovely to have a November release?

YUUUUSSSSSS. That was really obnoxious, but clearly that's her. SWEET.

Yeah, too cute by half. But forgivable, being that there's absolutely no chance that they're talking about anyone but Joanna. Yay!

thundering blissful towards death stillorbiting's Avatar
    I REALLY hope this means a new album in November. My birthday is in November, so if it's true, I'm gonna take it as a birthday gift from the universe. Oh I really really really hope this is true. I could really use some new Joanna right now.

pummelled gall-nuts afloat in urine
    Considering the four new songs she's performed live, my hopes are HIGH. Hell, she could release rough demos of those four and flesh out the rest of the album with field recordings of farts and it'd still be one of the best of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Hell, she could release rough demos of those four and flesh out the rest of the album with field recordings of farts and it'd still be one of the best of the year.
    Or a full version of Tom Bombadil from Portlandia.

My Drag City source said November was the month they were considering, and that was back in May. So this MUST be her. Yay!!!!!!
    The Landslide Never Brought, Brought Me Down

November means she likely won't start touring till...what? January? Which would be awesome because I will be done with finals/the semester and can, like, actually go to the show.