Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Bein' Miley

Red face Bein' Miley

Recent Non-Scandal: Perez post upskirt photos of Miley that are later proven to be photoshopped (ie, FAKE) images. World still trying to decide which offense was worst.

Now that we're past that, I have some BREAKING NEWS: Miley dresses like a whore on stage, proving she can't be tamed! Details below!

http://dlisted.com/node/37736

...here she is at last night's MuchMusic Awards in Toronto looking like the suburban white girl who will do whatever it takes to be embraced by the exquisite cholitas in her hood. Even if it means thrusting her crotch in a makeshift strip club in someone's garage in order to raise bail money for their homeboy Chepe. This is like a drive-by-shooting to my SOUL! A black tattooed tear just appeared below my left eye.

I have a feeling that Miley tried to finish this look by kissing her brows with a Sharpie, but it was a impossible task because every Sharpie got a serious case of cotton mouth when she touched it. They were not going to be a part of this fuckery.

Banned
    Who could have seen this coming? [/sarcasm]

I'm just glad I don't have kids. I would FORBID my daughter (or son) to get into this evil Disney shit. She would be forced-fed Joan Baez and Joni Mitchell for music and if she doesn't like it tough.

Speaking of Joni:

The moon shed light on my hopeless plight
    as the radio blared so bland
    Every disc, a poker chip!
    Every song just a one night stand...
    (It's) formula music, girly guile
    Genuine junkfood for juveniles
    Up and Down the dial
    Mercenary style
    Last edited by NUHN; 06-21-2010 at 05:07 PM.

Sometimes I have a fraction of empathy for any Disney kid trying to break out of the mold but goddamn this girl isn't about gradual transitions. The blatant "look how mature and grown up I am" bit is unnecessary and shows her naivete. Even my 13 yo daughter thinks Miley has the makings of becoming the next hot mess, train wreck of a pop star. Time will tell!

Usually maturity and growing up means NOT dressing like a prostitute to get attention. But whatevs! We all did stupid shit, right?

waited with a glacier's patience Churumbela's Avatar
    Yeah, she's getting pretty skanktastic lately. Which is fine, a girl can dress however she likes as far as I'm concerned. However, I don't love that her new stage gimmick seems to involve fauxbian makeout sessions. It bugged me when Katy Perry did it, and it still bugs me now. If you like kissing girls because you like girls, then kiss girls. If you like kissing girls because guys think it's hot, then you're kissing girls for the wrong reason, sweetie.
    Last edited by Churumbela; 06-21-2010 at 09:36 PM.
    I am the beginning. The end. The one that is many.

I'm pretty happy I didn't have a million people following me around every day scrutinizing everything I did when I was a teenager. They would have lots of footage of me at local parks, after hours, drinking Strawberry Hill Boones Farm and wearing some pretty awesome ensembles, like purple Converse high tops with layered, alternating neon yellow and pink socks.

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    Oh we're just setting her up to be the next sacrifice for the corn harvest. You like corn don't you?
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

the reichenbach hero fox in socks's Avatar
    there are some semi-beaver shots abound of her in some white madonna outfit. not really photoshopped. shes ridiculous. and i concur that her girl-girl kissing bullshit is just that. attention whoring bullshit. yet im glad to hear shes not slutty, just an artist!
    Quote Originally Posted by my best friend leslie
    “I’m not trying to be ’slutty,’” said Cyrus in a recent interview. “I’m not trying to be like, go to the club and get a bunch of guys … What I’m trying to do is to make a point with my record and look consistent, in the way my record sounds and the way I dress.”
    Cyrus admits to being partial to shorts and hot pants. But she sees nothing wrong with flashing her legs.
    “I’m really comfortable with my body, I work really hard to be fit and to know that I can wear whatever makes me most comfortable. I feel more comfortable dressing with a little less, which is just how I’ve always been,” she said.
    “Now I’m able to do that a little more freely and, also, I’ve just grown up to be this way too. It’s not like this was me five years ago. It’s me now, presently.”
    i do find it somewhat odd to wear said outfit while singing "party in the USA". but that might just be me.
    Last edited by fox in socks; 06-22-2010 at 10:46 PM. Reason: and a jay-z song was on!

So one could infer that he record sounds slutty?

She is absolutely one of the most irritating and obnoxious people I've ever seen interviewed. And the whole 'I'm not an innocent child star any more, I'm sexy and edgy!'/'this is the REAL me now' shift is just as cynical and predictable as everything that's came before it.

I saw about five minutes of her on a fairly recent episode of Graham Norton, and I wanted to punch her in the face. She just sounds so unintelligent whenever she opens her mouth. Every other word was "like," and whatever awful story she was telling about her best gay friend just sounded so shallow. Stick with what you're (marginally) good at, Miley. You were not meant to be a public speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Churumbela View Post
    I saw about five minutes of her on a fairly recent episode of Graham Norton, and I wanted to punch her in the face. She just sounds so unintelligent whenever she opens her mouth. Every other word was "like," and whatever awful story she was telling about her best gay friend just sounded so shallow. Stick with what you're (marginally) good at, Miley. You were not meant to be a public speaker.
    Yeah I saw that Graham Norton too! You should definitely avoid the Jonathan Ross interview.

I don't have TV at home, so I just catch bits and pieces of Graham when I'm over at a friend's. I shall be sure to avoid the Jonathan Ross.

(So you saw that whole episode, then? Did you watch the Usher performance? My friend and I were kinda shocked by the song lyrics. On the topic of things that are kinda skanky.)

Quote Originally Posted by Churumbela View Post
    (So you saw that whole episode, then? Did you watch the Usher performance? My friend and I were kinda shocked by the song lyrics. On the topic of things that are kinda skanky.)
    Yeah, I actually remember thinking it all sounded a little bit pervy when I was watching it!

o_0 I thought we'd burned her at the stake already?! And I thought Hannah Montana was bad...
    GSV Tarendai