Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your favorite songs as a kid.

When this song came out I was 12 and lost my shit.

burning up the bible BettahDevil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Alan View Post
    I'll never forget the first time I saw Keanu Reeves rub that bottle of milk on his face in the Rush Rush video.
    Ha! I know, right?! I still drool over that. Mmmm. Love that video/song so much...

so what if i like pretty things Bryan Alan's Avatar
    tuna rubber a little blubber in my igloo

This is ridiculous but... I was obsessed with Madonna's music between the ages of 7 and 16 (up until Music was released). Who's That Girl is the first song I can remember losing my shit over and I still think it's amazing. Every time her songs would get played on the radio my mom would say that Madonna was a whore, but that she had a great voice and excellent songs. At the time I didn't know what she meant. A few years later my dad's mistress left Ray of Light in his car and he claimed that the lady who cut his hair had given it to him (yeah right!). My sister and I got really excited about the booklet; I was all "OMG!!!! You can see her breasts!!!"! We learned all the lyrics and the music. I remember I took these longs scarfs that belonged to my mom and I would stand in front of the air conditioner trying to recreate the Frozen video. It's a miracle that I didn't grow up to be a drag queen.

There are so many, but I have fun memories of singing the "uwah uwahs" with my Mum. She had music on all the time, and largely responsible for my current-day obsession with it!

It is I, you son of a bitch. blissgurl's Avatar
    Laura Branigan's "Self Control" album was one of the first records I owned. As for songs, I liked a lot of the ones that have already been mentioned. The 80's were awesome music wise.
    Last edited by blissgurl; 06-19-2013 at 05:45 AM.
    Suck it, Shawn.

aging hipster trash The Seaward's Avatar
    I had Laura Branigan's "Gloria" 45 when I was a kid and would high-kick it around the living room like Jennifer Beals in search of a rope and a bucket of water. It's one of my lifelong favorites.

Also, with the return of Cher in the news, I was reminded of how much I loved my Heart of Stone tape. "If I Could Turn Back Time" was the gargantuan hit, but my heart belongs to "Just Like Jesse James". One of my karaoke staples!
    I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

I was in high school when "Just Like Jesse James" came out. My friend and I were obsessed with that song.

If you can give it, I can take it.
    If this heart is gonna break, its gonna take a lot to break it...

I heard this song on the radio a few months ago while driving. I busted into tears and started singing at the top of my lungs. I was surprised at the wide-range of motions one song could provoke. I hadn't thought about the song in over a decade.

Right?! It's such a cathartic tune to sing your guts out to. I had rediscovered it a couple of years ago after about as much time passing and thought, "My 7 year old self didn't know shit about this song back then. Now...JAYSUS."

who's looking good today? who's looking good in every way?

#buffalostance

so what if i like pretty things Bryan Alan's Avatar
    Ok, let's just post Rush Rush so we can see Keanu get freaky with that bottle of milk.

tuna rubber a little blubber in my igloo

I remember Vh1 playing this video constantly in the mid-90s! I love it still.

These were my jams:

a little more time, endless time Savannah's Avatar
    I would've been so down for dance parties with some of you guys. I was a really cool kid, okay.

Don't talk to me if you don't grasp how vastly superior this was to "Ninja Rap."

These two songs were not my favorite when I was younger. Outshined was released when I was 16. Fell on Black days when I was 19. But damn, all of a sudden at forty-fucking-three I am feeling these songs.