Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Orange Is The New Black

Orange Is The New Black

Netflix's new original series is pretty damn awesome. Who else is watching this?
    Sometimes I think the so-called "experts" actually are experts.

"This party's more depressing than a Tori Amos cover band." -Lea Delaria's character. iLolled.

I watched two episodes last night. I am not sure I'm hooked yet, but intrigued to see where its going. I actually thought the pilot was pretty mediocre, but the second episode was much much better.

I've finished five episodes so far, and I've enjoyed them all except the fifth one, called "The Chickening." It seems like the show took a pretty bizarre turn with that one, but we'll see whether or not it continues. I can imagine that, once you're in prison for a certain amount of time, weird things like that will start to seem important.

I love it. The book was great, but this is kind of different but I'm enjoying it a lot. I love Sofia and Miss Claudette. There's a number of interesting characters that I wish we knew more about but maybe it'll happen in the last few episodes (I just finished episode 10). Laura Prepon can't act though. She's about as lifeless as she was in Karla.

Just finished the season.

I now officially love this show. I'm 6 episodes in and completely obsessed.

This is the show I hoped Girls would be, if that makes any sense. There's a liveliness and a diversity to it that no other show has. The cast is also incredibly fucking awesome and the writing is bang on. I'm so happy it is in the world!

Just finished 9 (Moscow Mule), and I agree just about everything you all have said already. The writing walks that thin line between humor, compassion, and the stark realities of prison life so well that I care deeply about every inmate.
    The way they used Chapman as an entryway into telling the stories of this diverse group of women was genius.

Supposedly, it has already been renewed for Season 2! Yipee!

Quote Originally Posted by SrslyChris View Post
    Laura Prepon can't act though. She's about as lifeless as she was in Karla.
    I agree she and Jason Biggs are hard to watch, glad the slack there is picked up by the great supporting cast (even spotted Henrietta from Showgirls).

I stand no chance of growing up Tulip In A Cup's Avatar
    I was hooked from the beginning! I only heard of the show because of the new Regina song. I loved that "Tori Amos cover band" comment!

ice cream and pizza Father Lucifer's Avatar
    Brilliant show. One of my fave shows in awhile.

We'll see how brave you are. Bluebell's Avatar
    I just finished the last episode and wow, do I ever have a lot of feelings about this show. I ended up invested in nearly every character.

Also, looks like I'm in the minority here, but I really like Laura Prepon in this! And she and Taylor Schilling have fantastic chemistry.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebell View Post
    Also, looks like I'm in the minority here, but I really like Laura Prepon in this! And she and Taylor Schilling have fantastic chemistry.
    I agree!

And could she be any hotter? Christ.

We'll see how brave you are. Bluebell's Avatar
    ^ No, she really couldn't be. She's smoking hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebell View Post

Again, her and Jason Biggs. Two actors I typically can't stand are really great here. Just shows what good writing and the right role can do.

Also, what is the official internet rule on spoilering big reveals on a "released all at once" Netflix series like this? We've got three episodes left to watch here and I want to avoid ruining anything big for myself, or anyone else in my discussions.
    Do we wait a week? a month? before assuming most people have seen the full series if they wanted to?
    Last edited by thestrand; 07-19-2013 at 02:12 PM.