Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Do What U Want ft R.Kelly - NEW 2nd single from ARTPOP

^Indeed it is! I really want it, too. There's parts of R. Kelly's contribution that I love (the harmonies, the final note in his verse), but overall I think the song could benefit from Gaga's initial verse.

Can't wait to see her perform this tonight. She has to really sell it, it's the first big performance of the song in the US.

it's not meant to be a strife MikeEP's Avatar
    That performance on SNL was rough. :\ the choreography, if that's what you'd call it, felt so awkward and it seemed like R Kelly barely sang at all during the ending of the song. and on a superficial note, Gaga was wearing what looked like a blonde version of Tori's Cheeto wig/saggy crotched glitter jumpsuit getup. Not a good look for her.

I wasn't big on the choreography but I thought she did a great job! SNL performances generally suck for some reason - So it exceeded my expectations.

The Do What U Want performance was about as unsexy as it could possibly be. It was like the little sister in Mean Girls dancing along to Milkshake. Her voice sounded great though.
    Last edited by Andyland; 11-17-2013 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyland View Post
    The Do What U Want performance was about as unsexy as it could possibly be. It was like the little sister in Mean Girls dancing along to Milkshake. Her voice sounded great though.
    Well, I mean, it's not SUPPOSED to be sexy. That's kind of the point of the song...
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

I enjoyed both performances! Vocally, it was the best she'd done "Do What U Want." And yeah, the choreography (...) was a little strange, but it definitely wasn't supposed to be a sexy performance. I thought that was obvious?

There's the portion of the song that is about her relationship with the media, but the R. Kelly verse reads to me as a straight up boy/girl lust R&B song. To me the interaction between Gaga and R. Kelly read as a failed attempt at sensual/erotic.

The lyric "no invitations, it's a private party," is giving me a little chuckle. Wouldn't a private party DEFINITELY have invitations? Or have I never experienced the MOST private of parties?
    all i want to do is take naps on the sun

I thought the performance on SNL was amazing. I mentioned elsewhere that I thought Gaga was the perfect mix of Donna Summer and Hedwig. The whole performance seemed like a scene from some very strange, awesome musical, as did Gypsy.
    When they're calling
    From the edge

I liked Gypsy and really liked the number she did in her opening. If DWUW was supposed to be cringe-inducing, it succeeded.

Video out December 3rd!

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...undle-20131126

The video for Lady Gaga and R. Kelly's duet "Do What U Want," which appears on the former's new record Artpop, will see release on December 3rd through a unique "BitTorrent Bundle" courtesy of the file sharing service and Vice.

Directed by Terry Richardson, the video will be made available in the package alongside photos and 4K video that document the making of the clip, as well as exclusive interviews with Gaga and Richardson.

Though the "Do What You Want" package is being billed as Vice and BitTorrent's first bundle, the two companies announced a similar project with Madonna back in September: The pop star offered up a 17-minute film secretprojectrevolution, as well as plenty of bonus material, as a way to kick off her new Art for Freedom initiative.

In the statement announcing the "Do What U Want" video, the bundle was described as a way to "explore the link between open expression and open technology; providing an inside look at the creative process, with original film, music, archival content and behind-the-scenes footage direct from artists."

Gaga and Kelly have been promoting "Do What U Want" all over the place recently, performing the song at the American Music Awards – set in a sexy oval office no less – as well as during Gaga's recent turn as host and musical guest on Saturday Night Live.

"I felt that it was somewhat of a sexual song, but on a classy tip, you know?" Kelly told Rolling Stone about the song. "Because I have a lot of sexual classics myself. But this, it had a rock funkiness, and somehow, magically, an R&B-ish feel to it. I was just amazed by it."

ice cream and pizza Father Lucifer's Avatar
    There's gonna be a remix with Rick Ross on it.

We take in stray ducks. John's Face's Avatar
    Did anyone hear any news about why the video didn't happen today? I can't find anything on it.
    Enter signature here.

burning up the bible BettahDevil's Avatar
    Yeah! Where the fuck is the video?! Sorry... but come on.. it's been a quarter of a year since the Applause video came out. As much as I love DWUW, i'd be very pleased if she skipped this one and put out a video for Venus. Still my #1 on the album.

Hurt people hurt people too toriMODE's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure I read somewhere on her facebook that Venus had a video that was being released.