Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do What U Want ft R.Kelly - NEW 2nd single from ARTPOP

We take in stray ducks. John's Face's Avatar
    Her Twitter says: I know you're waiting for the DWUW video. Its unlike any video I've ever done. Very Personal. Just making it perfect. Exciting, #ARTPOP
    Enter signature here.

I wish she wouldn't say things like that, lol.
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

yeah, just release the bloody thing !

My guess is that they're having technical or encoding issues. Highly doubt she's wistfully sitting on a finished, ready-to-upload version of the clip.

The video was shot by Terry Richardson, who also posted a behind the scenes photo that Gaga retweeted.

I just hope there'll be more to the video than these two humping each other.

Is it strange that this hasn't come out yet? And perhaps because the recent village voice article and full transcripts of the R. Kelly pedo scandal hitting the news again?

ice cream and pizza Father Lucifer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Shiver View Post
    Is it strange that this hasn't come out yet? And perhaps because the recent village voice article and full transcripts of the R. Kelly pedo scandal hitting the news again?
    I think so. It's not looking good. It's a very sad story. Shirley Manson from Garbage just posted this on Facebook.

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/music/...tomac.php#more

[Q UOTE=Father Lucifer;370563]I think so. It's not looking good. It's a very sad story. Shirley Manson from Garbage just posted this on Facebook.

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/music/...tomac.php#more[/QUOTE]
    Shirley Manson posted an article about R. Kelly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ice cream and pizza Father Lucifer's Avatar

Do What U Want ft R.Kelly - NEW 2nd single from ARTPOP

^ yep. Here's the twitter post image.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Father Lucifer; 12-19-2013 at 06:50 PM.

That was interesting to read. It's pretty random for Shirley to post this out of nowhere. Has she spoken about him or this issue before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not really that random. It's been posted everywhere since that interview was printed. It's a hot topic on many news sites and blogs.

I admit knowing there were allegations against R Kelly, I'd heard about the pee in the girl's mouth thing, and that he married Aaliyah underage. That's about it. I've never been a fan at all, but I've always appreciated his voice.

That being said, after reading the recent interview with Jim DeRogatis, a Chicago critic and music authority I trust and respect, I'm done trying to appreciate R Kelly. Unfortunately, I'm having trouble enjoying "Do What U Want" like I used to. It's hard not to think about the women DeRogatis mentions in his interview, and how painful it must be to see Lady Gaga performing with him at the AMAs, SNL, and soon a music video.

It also makes me question Lady Gaga and the amount of thought she put into this collaboration. For someone who supposedly thinks of everything and cares about the disenfranchisement of others, this was a poor decision. I hope the video is delayed because of her reconsideration of Kelly, honestly. Doesn't help that this was also directed by the wretched Terry Richardson.

In a dream world, Lady Gaga would re-shoot the video with a re-recorded version of DWUW featuring Christina Aguilera. It would make sense and perhaps give the song and album the boost it would need.

I honestly wish she would release a standalone version. I think it's a great pop song, I just wish R. Kelly wasn't part of it.

^ Pretty much. It's one of my favorite songs on the album but I cannot stand R Kelly. It was a poor decision on her part, as is the whole buddy-buddy thing with Terry Richardson. After reading about Richardson, I actually found a tumblr that posts all the vile pictures that get talked about in articles. Seeing really is believing. I cannot believe anyone would want to work with him, or in an environment like that.

Found another photo from the video. Looks like he's about do what he wants with her body: