Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett - Cheek to Cheek (duet album)

They're doing "Goody Goody"?! I LOVE that song.

Here's Diahann Carroll's masterful version from the Judy Garland Show:

Anyone have a chance to listen to the record? I'm actually really enjoying it, which surprises me because I didn't care it was happening too much.

She's a great vocalist. "Nature Boy" and "Lush Life" are highlights for me. It's nice to have this in the break between pop albums.

Got the shock of my life! silver's Avatar
    I only kept a couple of songs--I don't mind the genre, she just sounds kind of... disingenuous imo (sorry!). Technically good, but not convincing.

It's not something I usually listen to, so I can't really "appreciate" it properly, but her vocals are great and the genre really suits her. I love Anything Goes, but the rest hasn't really caught my attention.

I hope this brings her at least some bonus points for her currently low-ish reputation and critical acclaim. She deserves it!
    Не може со обични зборови да ја домами необичноста, зашто и необичните си имаат секој свој пат и тешко се среќаваат.

I bought the deluxe album. It's way too long, 17 tracks, but her voice is in fine form and she's basically made for this type of music.

This album is pretty near perfection for what it is. She's in top form and conveys the songs with the right amount of verve and pristine vocals.

I know it's en vogue to hate on Gaga, but I don't see how anyone can deny her talent, artistry and vocal prowess.

I found the deluxe a little tiring, but the standard flows really well.
    I'm such a stan. She just really impresses me every time.

My deluxe version arrived today, i'm really enjoying it. She definitely has the pipes for this type of repertoire. And Tony doesn't sound that bad either.

I just keep listening to this. I'm falling in love with her more and more, will have to check out one of her pop albums sometime. Which would you recommend?

Hurt people hurt people too toriMODE's Avatar
    The Fame Monster is probably her most popular amongst fans. I really love Born This Way, though.

Yeah, you really can't go wrong, no matter which you chose.

ArtPop - I love it. Anyone who says they like dance music but hates that album is hating on it because they hate her. It's in-your-face, balls-to-the-wall in beats and production. Swine, Fashion, ArtPop.. all of it, really, though I could leave the songs with Rap in them though. Not my thing.

Born This way - Strong, a bit more subdued (? that's strange word to use in regard to Gaga) but pretty fearless in showing her eccentric personality.

Fame Monster - the original, the first step. Some sugary, light confections (Boys, for example).

Thanks for the recommendations!

The Fame Monster is pretty perfect for a first timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonic View Post
    ArtPop - I love it. Anyone who says they like dance music but hates that album is hating on it because they hate her.
    I hate the album because it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    I hate the album because it sucks.
    Yeah, that's the type of comments that are usually made by the haters. They're so helpful!