Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: The All-Encompassing Thread of Threads

werewolves, not swear-wolves Chalk's Avatar
    There's a second one already:

Needs more Lando and Chewbacca, imo.

I wanna know what happened to Chewie's second bandolier...baaaandolieeeeeer!

Senior Member grapefruit_is_winning's Avatar
    "Kicked out of flight academy..." Isn't that a Star Trek/Captain Kirk trope? Hmmm.

I think I might be reaching my saturation point for SW content.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grapefruit_is_winning View Post
    "Kicked out of flight academy..." Isn't that a Star Trek/Captain Kirk trope? Hmmm.

I think I might be reaching my saturation point for SW content.
    I didn't think I was, then I saw this

I have zero interest in their vision of Star Wars unless it's under someone else's heavy supervision and final cut.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    OH, I have plenty of room for them. I'd love for them to make a film about the Bothan Spies that found out about the second Death Star in the same vain as Rogue One.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

Really - between the original death star in A New Hope, the second one in Return of the Jedi, and the uber ds in The Force Awakens, you want STILL more death star?!

werewolves, not swear-wolves Chalk's Avatar
    Yes, enough about the Empire and its Death Stars and the Skywalkers. I hope for new original characters and new stories.

I don't care if someone makes Lumpy Grows Up as long as it's done well. I'm concerned about the people they choose to bring new ones to life. I have strong, uncommon feelings about D&D, so therefore their inclusion makes me very worried. But even if I liked them, this article points out some troubling points.

The “Star Wars” tapestry is now 41 years old, with 17 theatrical films (released or planned) forming the backbone of the franchise. By my count, during those four decades, 24 people were hired to direct, write or otherwise take the creative lead on “Star Wars” feature films.

Twenty-three of those key creators were white men. The sole exception is Leigh Brackett, a white woman who had a screenplay credit on “The Empire Strikes Back,” which came out 38 years ago.

Otherwise, no men of color, women of color or white women have held these positions. The franchise’s leading creative voices have been white men 96% of the time.

I mean, two new TRILOGIES?! Plus I think I read that they're working on new live action and animated TV shows. It's just too much and there is simply no way the quality won't start to decline. (On the whole, I think all the Disney-bankrolled SW movies have made positive contributions to the overall universe.... but there's no chance that caliber can last.)

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    I enjoyed at one time or another all the Star Trek movies. I think I could take more Star Wars.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

Lando's OG Falcon

So, the new episode of The Star Wars Show on YouTube has a bunch of pictures of the new (old?) Millennium Falcon. I dig it.

Mr F... *dead*

I didn't hate Solo, but it was definitely my least favorite of the SW movies. I was thinking about what didn't work for me and I think one of the biggest disappointments was that, for me, there was no Moment. No iconic image. No meme-tastic turn of phrase. No character I'd want to be for Halloween. Hell, because it wasn't a Star Wars proper movie we didn't even get the music. In all of the other movies there was SOMETHING. I read all the time how The Phantom Menace was terrible, but the pod racing scene was cool. Or Darth Maul. People seem to be divided on Rogue One but who didn't loooooooooooooove Vader at the end? Or even the "I am one with the force" guy? Or K2? L3 in Solo was very entertaining, but no BB8.

There was nothing particularly memorable about it for me. Nothing that's going to make me sit up and be like "Oh here comes my favorite part!" when I watch it again.

I'm glad it wasn't terrible and I know a lot of its blandness probably comes back to the disastrous production, but I don't think it's too much to ask to have like... like one part that was so cool I'd put it as a desktop wallpaper.

*swoons*

I think this is a cool idea, and something exciting to hear about Star Wars, where everything else has been SO negative recently. I will definitely check this one out