Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Roseland Ballroom residency

it's not meant to be a strife MikeEP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    I'd rather have a tight one hour set than the coked-up, three hour, egotistical talk-fest that was the last Gaga show I saw. The videos from last night reminded me of the show I saw on the Fame Ball tour and I'm fine with that.
    That's a good point. If she mixes up the setlist from night to night during the residency it will make more sense to me. Otherwise I do still think it's oddly shorty though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far, the setlist is the same as the first performance. The only real difference being a green wig, "Lady Bunny" style.

So yeah, it was short. BUT I had so much fun and she was on point. Black Jesus, Monster, You and I, and Applause were the highlights for me, but it was a tight, well performed show, with not a TON of talking, so that was great.

Verizon will stream the last show live. Link below:

http://www.getmoregaga.com/?cmp=BAC-...epid%21_%ECid!

Tonight's show was the best Gaga show I've seen. It was everything I love about her distilled into an energetic, action packed set minus all the megalomaniacal crap I got so tired of. I found her to be completely charming, especially when she turned, before even singing a note, and pointedly presented her cute ass to the crowd. I loved the intimate club/rock show vibe of it, and it really felt special.
    When they're calling
    From the edge

^Totally agreed, and the crowd was not annoying at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Shiver View Post
    ^Totally agreed, and the crowd was not annoying at all.
    I had a couple problems with the crowd, but ones I can laugh about. I went to get a drink and the people next to me (who were loud, endless talkers) dragged a huge garbage can right onto the floor where I was standing (so nobody could stand in front of them). I stood beside it, which was fine, but then everybody needing to get by basically had to push me out of the way. And I saw tons of people fall literally into the garbage can not expecting it to be there. I asked them to move it the fuck back to where they got it, and they insisted they didn't put it there (even though my boyfriend witnessed it), and that it was there all night.

So, I did get pushed nearly into a garbage can and into the girl in front of me A LOT, but I'm pretty good at just brushing that shit off.
    When they're calling
    From the edge

Banned
    Soundboard quality of the last Roseland Ballroom night:

https://soundcloud.com/ladygagashaus...ve-at-roseland

Edit: just heard this and man that was badass!
    Last edited by TASpark658; 04-05-2014 at 06:45 PM.

I had to turn it off after the second screaming outburst in Monster. I guess live Lady Gaga will just never be for me.

some vids i took

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I had to turn it off after the second screaming outburst in Monster. I guess live Lady Gaga will just never be for me.
    Her screams do annoy me. Keep calm and Sing.

Banned
    I hear constantly that she talks way too much during her shows. In the middle of the songs she just talks and talks, at least she isn't doing that.

I can finally post in here after avoiding this board in fear of spoiling the Roseland show!

So I adored the show. I haven't read through the rest of this thread to see what everyone else thought, but I can imagine some of the critiques that will be leveraged - too short, lots of preaching, annoying fans. To those, I will agree that I wish it would have been an hour and a half at least, but the length didn't bother me too much. The preaching.. that's par for the course with her, unfortunately. However, because it was the very last show of the residency AND the last show ever at Roseland, the energy and preaching was more heartfelt, in a way? She was extremely emotional, her entire family was in the balcony (and Andy Cohen!), and it was clear she wanted to promote a sense of family and community for the last show.

In terms of the set - a nice mix of her catalogue. "Bad Romance" was just electrifying, and reminded me how much I'll always adore that song. I could have done without "Black Jesus / Amen Fashion." My favorite of the night was definitely "Applause!" That song just comes alive when she performs it. Her vocals were perfect and the adlibs she tends to do live really enhance the song. She really should have ended with that and not "G.U.Y."

I was bummed I couldn't see her at all for "Dope" and "You and I," but she still sounded fantastic.

Haven't listened to the stream yet, but I have a feeling it won't translate as well as being there. The energy was palpable and I had a fantastic time.

So happy you had fun Jake! Black Jesus is one of my faves off BTW so I was stoked, though I would have gladly given it up for MTN or Edge for a little BTW representation. I also really enjoyed the show, and maybe because I baked REALLY good pot brownies before, her incessant chatter didn't irritate me as usual. As I said before, "You and I" was my favorite moment of the night. And Applause DOES really come to life live.

I am debating going to the Artrave tour. I am not a huge Artpop fan (I don't think it is bad, at all, but I have like ZERO desire to ever listen to it), and I mostly want to hear the BTW album live, so I guess it kinda depends on the setlist. Normally I would just go sight unseen, but I had such a bad experience at my last Gaga arena show that I swore I would never deal with her crazy audience again. Luckily, at Roseland, everyone, around me at least, was totally cool.