Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Conspiracy Corner

and it sounds like all our lives Kari's Avatar
    Bwuh?

ETA: I actually think there's a possibility that plane landed someplace. Who would hijack a plane and fly it for seven hours and then crash the thing into the ocean? But that's as paranoid as my theory gets...and it does not involve Pitbull. or Shakira.

Don't worry everyone! Courtney Love found it!

Oh Courtney when will stop trying to usurp a tragedy and accept that you are the tragedy.

Theories I keep hearing is that the aircraft has been hijacked for the big nuclear summit thingie next week in my country, they want to crash/nuke/whatever The Hague.
    If I'm not signing in next week I'm dead, okthnxbye.
    post28!

I'm pretty sure he said "Killdren". Stone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wout View Post
    Theories I keep hearing is that the aircraft has been hijacked for the big nuclear summit thingie next week in my country, they want to crash/nuke/whatever The Hague.
    If I'm not signing in next week I'm dead, okthnxbye.
    There is e-vidence (lolz) about this online.
    http://www.worthytoshare.net/malaysi...r-missing-much

I read this yesterday about the missing plane, and it makes so much sense. But maybe it's wrong and it's been hijacked. Or LOST. Or landed on a private island and whooping it up.

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2014/03...ectrical-fire/

this tornado loves you UnderTheFunk's Avatar
    Animals fleeing Yellowstone

...b/c the volcano's gonna blow.

http://rt.com/usa/epoch-bison-yellowstone-volcano-909/

Articles cite "several bloggers" who've posted videos of animals running.

aging hipster trash The Seaward's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderTheFunk View Post
    Animals fleeing Yellowstone

...b/c the volcano's gonna blow.

http://rt.com/usa/epoch-bison-yellowstone-volcano-909/

Articles cite "several bloggers" who've posted videos of animals running.
    This is making its rounds on my feed also. I should check with my friend Chris, who works at Yellowstone.
    I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

this tornado loves you UnderTheFunk's Avatar
    Yeah, I'm interested, if you do hear anything.

They did have a quake yesterday, but the video of bison running wasn't impressive. Perhaps I've seen too many big budget apocalypse movies tho.

MH370: relatives in China sceptical about debris linked to missing plane.

Aside from denial related to grief, is there any reason why Chinese families would suspect Malaysia of some kind of conspiracy? I just can't work it out. Is it just a manifestation of the sort of distrust and xenophobia China fosters through its domestic and foreign policies?

Many relatives rejected Malaysia’s claims and called on the Chinese president, Xi Jinping, to help them in their quest for justice.

“I don’t believe it,” said Bao Lanfang, 63, whose son, daughter-in-law and three-year-old grandchild were on MH370. “It has been 515 [days] – that is enough time for them to have produced fake debris.”

Zhang Yongli, a 64-year-old whose daughter was on the plane, came to the protest carrying a placard featuring a photograph of Xi. “The president will help us. The country will help us. Our families will have good news,” it read.

“We hope that President Xi can quickly help us rescue our people,” said Zhang. “We can only hope the government and the relevant authorities will help us do this. Our families don’t have the means to do this on our own.”
    It's really sad, and this is awful rubbernecking on my part, but I want to know why they're so convinced that there's a conspiracy.

^ Two weeks ago, two teenage boys disappeared off the Florida coast when their boat capsized in a storm. They were reported missing on a Friday and the capsized boat was found two days later, about 100 miles north of where they were last seen. There was a huge outpouring of support and the family set up a Facebook page and a GoFundMe campaign for those who wanted to donate to search efforts. The Coast Guard searched for a full week before calling off their efforts, and now the family has hired a private firm to handle SAR along coastal areas.

In just ten days, we went from people being supportive and offering their thoughts, prayers, and donations to the family, to people accusing the parents of having some hand in their disappearance. People have now deduced that the family (which is fairly wealthy) owed someone money, and the boys were actually kidnapped by pirates or a drug cartel and are being held in the Bahamas, and the family is using the GoFundMe campaign as ransom money. People have completely turned on the family and they are sending really awful, disgusting messages.

Their reason for the conspiracy? "Two teenagers and all the floating items in their boat don't just go missing without a trace." Why yes, yes they do. The ocean is vast and unforgiving. Only something like 60% of people reported as stranded or lost at sea by the Coast Guard are ever found, dead or alive. There are centuries of records of people, boats, planes, etc. being lost at sea without a trace. Sometimes debris washes up months later. Sometimes it doesn't wash up at all. Two relatively small bodies don't stand a chance in the Atlantic once they've drowned and the lungs have filled with water, and trying to find their floating cooler or the missing life vests from the boat is like looking for a needle in a hay stack.

In the case of these missing boys, I think people would rather come up with wild conspiracy theories than admit that two kids made a mistake and paid for it with their lives. It's the same reason the Sandy Hook school shooting was such a field day. No one wants to admit that a bunch of kids died, and that sometimes horrible shit just happens.

and it sounds like all our lives Kari's Avatar
    People just cannot handle reality anymore, and instead of dealing with grief and tragedy, people who lack the emotional resources to deal with their feelings go on the internet and have their crackbrained theories validated by similarly emotionally crippled people who are often paranoid nutjobs. It's really sad, when you think about it, except that I think it's doing actual damage to our society.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    In just ten days, we went from people being supportive and offering their thoughts, prayers, and donations to the family, to people accusing the parents of having some hand in their disappearance. People have now deduced that the family (which is fairly wealthy) owed someone money, and the boys were actually kidnapped by pirates or a drug cartel and are being held in the Bahamas, and the family is using the GoFundMe campaign as ransom money. People have completely turned on the family and they are sending really awful, disgusting messages.
    People are terrible. And idiots. And terrible.

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    When I want to find out about what is a hoax or not, I rely on the Simpsons. Obviously, there is no such thing as coincidence. I will only add that I wish David Bowie and Alan Rickman were still alive.

And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life