Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Conspiracy Corner

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    John Oliver's take on youtube conspiracies

It would be great if Alex Jones was our next reason to bump the "Guess Who Died?" thread.

^ You said it. He's currently going off on Beyonce.

God I hate Sandy Hook truthers. And Alex Jones. They can all burn in hell.

That article makes a good point, though, and it's even something I probably mentioned in this very thread a few years ago. A lot of these conspiracy theorists' brains are so fragile when it comes to processing horrifying news that they'd rather dream up a reason, even a totally unrealistic one, for a tragedy because they cannot deal with the fact that sometimes horrific things just happen. They don't want to believe a person would be deranged enough to walk into a school and mow down a bunch of little kids with assault weapons. It's so much easier to concoct this story in your head that it actually didn't happen, and that none of it is real, and then you never have to face the ugly truth of the world around you.

Alex Jones, on the other hand, is just milking it to rake in millions. He may be deranged and he may even believe what he says, but I'd also wager that he really plays it up to draw people in and see them parted with their money. He's like the Glenn Beck of conspiracy theories.

Alt Universe CliqueMember Spikey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarella View Post
    ^ You said it. He's currently going off on Beyonce.
    What did Beyonce do? Conspire to stage a moon landing to hide secret NASA technology?
    "Replies are a combination of nonsense, unrelated comments and inside jokes"‎

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    I was really glad not to see mention of us on the article's page. I didn't read the comments. Cracked comments are youtube-bad sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    What did Beyonce do? Conspire to stage a moon landing to hide secret NASA technology?
    Alex Jones: Beyonce's Lemonade Was Funded by the CIA to Start a Race War

she might not be so bold fullofwish's Avatar
    These truthers have always been gross and frustrating, but then I found out a friend of mine had a cousin die at Sandy Hook and the trauma truthers have inflicted on her family ... it's just beyond anything I have the words for, to be honest. The lowest of the low.

thirst world problems Octopussy's Avatar
    Why is it that I see no mention of the Flint water crisis or any of the towns poisoned by fracking whenever I look at these conspiracy sites. you'd think actual death would alarm them.

Quote Originally Posted by fullofwish View Post
    These truthers have always been gross and frustrating, but then I found out a friend of mine had a cousin die at Sandy Hook and the trauma truthers have inflicted on her family ... it's just beyond anything I have the words for, to be honest. The lowest of the low.
    It's absolutely horrible. A friend of mine from HS is good friends with Victoria Soto's family, and the things they have been put through are....unspeakable. It makes my fucking blood boil.

Alex Jones: 'Michelle Obama Is A Man' Who Murdered Joan Rivers To Cover It Up

InfoWars broadcaster and Donald Trump ally Alex Jones is back to claiming that First Lady Michelle Obama is secretly a transgender woman, but this time he’s adding a new twist to his conspiracy theory: that Obama had comedienne Joan Rivers killed after she joked about the first lady being trans.

Jones told his listeners yesterday that he’s seen enough videos on the internet to substantiate the rumor.

“The national media takes it when I talk about this and acts like I’m crazy,” he said. “Listen, there’s hundreds of millions views on YouTube.” (There are also millions of views on videos claiming that Obama and other leaders are shapeshifting reptilian humanoids, another conspiracy promoted by Jones.)

He went on to say that the first lady acts like she’s “god” and that the president wants schools to “teach five-year-olds how to be trannies.”

“Don’t forget,” Jones said, “the famous comedienne Joan Rivers said, ‘Of course everyone knows she’s a tranny.’ She’s dead serious, ‘She’s a man.’ Deader than a doornail in a routine operation where basically she had fire poured down her throat and was a fire-breathing goblin. Dead on arrival. Shoot your mouth off, honey, you will die.”

Jones didn’t stop there.

“I really think — her daughters don’t look like her — I really think this is some weird hoax they did again,” he said, “just like he didn’t get sworn in on the Bible, it was the Quran. All this weirdness, I mean, I used to laugh at this stuff, but man, it’s all about rubbing our noses in it. I think it’s all an arranged marriage, it’s all completely fake and it’s this big sick joke because he’s obsessed with transgender, just like some weird cult or something. I think Michelle Obama is a man. I really do. I really do. I believe it.”

Has anyone read the Flat Earth supporters? I just...can't. Some of their arguments, I'm like...are you 8 years old?
    https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/...php?board=20.0

(I don't understand how AJ isn't institutionalized.)