Thread: Jay Jay Johanson

Exclamation Jay Jay Johanson

some fans of his work out here ?

I'm starting to grow more and more fond of him. His latest compilation (Best Of 1996-2013) was nice and a great new track Paris and now I love his new album Cockroach. For this album he went back to the musicians he made his first three albums with - he also did this with The Long Term Physical Effects Are Not Yet Known, a move that I like, since he also strays from this formula with equally nice results. He is not flawless (Self-Portrait was a bit too depressing for me and while Rush has its great moments, it feels a little bit too slick for me). Spellbound was a great album with his best single ever, Dilemma. I'm just ranting and raving here and I hope he continues his steady output

update - I love his latest album Opium too. Top track : Drowsy/Too Young To Say Good Night and some lovely covers on the singles, such as Video Games, Loud Places,...

I had no idea he had a New album! Yay!
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

he has released a new single, You'll Miss Me When I'm Gone

and an EP of the same name. One track harking back to his previous album The Long Term Effects Are Not Yet Known, then there is a piano only track and two other goodies. New album coming in September

This is my favorite song of him. It's sad and creepy and fucked up and everything I like of his music (I hate Antenna. I hate it hate it hate it)
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.