Page 3 of 93 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: New album "Rebel Heart" out now

burning up the bible BettahDevil's Avatar

Oh, I remember this one, can't believe it's been 10 years! Produced by Fred Ball.

Madonna just posted a studio pic of her working with Natalia Kills on a song called Holy Water. I don't know her really but I think she's a pop girl popular with the kids. I hope she's not a rapper...

She's not a rapper. She opened for Robyn when I saw her a few years ago.

Banned
    Ya I heard this but no idea who she is honestly lol.

Natalia is a pretty great, forward-thinking pop star. She's always struggled to find her true sound and identity, but she came really close with her last album. I adored "Saturday Night" and "Marlboro Lights" from that album. I'd say this is a good thing!

Huh. I saw Natalia when she opened for Robyn, too - maybe it was the crowd, but in general she seemed very uncomfortable and the audience kind of collectively cringed through the whole thing. I never gave her second album a shot, but I did like her debut. Seeing her live pretty much put me off her, though

I think Madonna can pull off Natalia's style better than Natalia herself, so I'll be interested to see how this develops.

Quote Originally Posted by Homogenik View Post
    Madonna just posted a studio pic of her working with Natalia Kills on a song called Holy Water. I don't know her really but I think she's a pop girl popular with the kids. I hope she's not a rapper...
    In that pic, the guy in the foreground is Martin Kierszenbaum, who co-wrote/produced a bunch of songs with Gaga on The Fame, and did A&R for The Fame Monster. In fact he even gets a name drop in "Eh Eh" (his nickname is Cherry Cherry Boom Boom). He's the chairman of Cherrytree records.

Let the conspiracy theories begin...

Madonna is working with an old friend of mine, MoZella! Mo co-wrote Miley's Wrecking Ball and put out two really great records on Maverick way back in the day. Really happy about this, as she does intelligent, melodic pop very well!

Banned
    Friend just showed me this, by the end of 2014?

http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...-the-new-album

Seems to be too soon.

I'd say 4th quarter 2014 is a pretty safe bet.

I wouldn't put end of 2014 past her---but I almost wish she'd wait until Spring 2015.......3 years distance from the previous album...but that's just a personal preference here. Madonna's the one making the record!

She might be wanting to increase the rate of speed of her output in general and not just with this next album.

What an interesting look in the picture.......the "wings" on her head......I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by theswirlgirl View Post
    I wouldn't put end of 2014 past her---but I almost wish she'd wait until Spring 2015.......3 years distance from the previous album...but that's just a personal preference here. Madonna's the one making the record!

She might be wanting to increase the rate of speed of her output in general and not just with this next album.

What an interesting look in the picture.......the "wings" on her head......I like it.
    Huh? Madonna's albums have regularly been released 2 and a half years apart, except for the 2 long breaks between Bedtime Stories /Ray of Light and Hard Candy / MDNA. If she released this fall, she'd be right in line with her usual output, at least since Ray of light. I think 2.5 years is a good amount of time to let the public miss you and crave new material.

Ray of Light - Music: 2.5 yrs.
    Music - American Life: 2.5 years
    American Life - Hard Candy: 2.5 years

Quote Originally Posted by Adirondak View Post
    Huh? Madonna's albums have regularly been released 2 and a half years apart, except for the 2 long breaks between Bedtime Stories /Ray of Light and Hard Candy / MDNA. If she released this fall, she'd be right in line with her usual output, at least since Ray of light. I think 2.5 years is a good amount of time to let the public miss you and crave new material.

Ray of Light - Music: 2.5 yrs.
    Music - American Life: 2.5 years
    American Life - Hard Candy: 2.5 years
    I see your point....but just for argument's sake: Hard Candy--MDNA--nearly four years. I'm not counting Celebration in there....I know you mentioned it too, but I think it's significant in that it is a recent thing.