Thread: Gypsy: 3rd single from ARTPOP

ice cream and pizza Father Lucifer's Avatar

Gypsy: 3rd single from ARTPOP

Interscope has confirmed Gypsy as the third single.

I think it's a logical choice. I hope the video is mind-blowing. RIP to the DWUW video.
    Last edited by Father Lucifer; 03-22-2014 at 08:21 AM.

A source over at PopJustice, who usually has the inside scoop on most things Gaga, said a 3rd single hasn't been decided yet. I imagine it's between this and Venus.

ooh, either one would be a good choice. Then again, there was a heated conversation between a few people on another forum I go to on the use of the word "gypsy" and that it was racist and marginalized Romani people, go Gaga might have that backlash to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by Mori View Post
    ooh, either one would be a good choice. Then again, there was a heated conversation between a few people on another forum I go to on the use of the word "gypsy" and that it was racist and marginalized Romani people, go Gaga might have that backlash to look forward to.
    It almost started here, too. It's such a non-issue, in my opinion.

burning up the bible BettahDevil's Avatar
    I guess it's a logical choice... it will probably do ok, but it's still down there as one of my least favorites on the album. I really hope she releases Venus instead, that song is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    It almost started here, too. It's such a non-issue, in my opinion.
    For me it's completely grabbing for scraps. Totally a non-issue.

It exists in the dictionary meaning a free-spirited person, so yeah completely not an issue. But obviously someone somewhere will make it one.

"Gypsy" was an early favorite, but it's initial impression wore off rather quickly for me, hopefully it won't have the same shelf life for casual listeners. I was really hoping they'd opt for a bolder choice, like "Sexxx Dreams" or "G.U.Y" (particularly the latter which I could see having mass commercial appeal), both of which could have potentially amazing videos. "Gypsy" feels too much in the same vein as "Edge of Glory" and "You & I," but I guess it at least gets her out of the DWUW muck.
    My photo blog: polaroidsf