Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: The "Woody Allen is Probably Disgusting" Thread

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar

Since Justin strikes me as the type to delete stuff that tarnishes his carefully crafted image, text version in case of deletion

@jtimberlake

Random question: Can someone please explain the saying, “You just want your cake and to eat it too.”

What else am I about to do with a cake??

---------

@RealDylanFarrow
    Replying to @jtimberlake

The saying means, for example, you can’t support #TIMESUP and praise sexual predators at the same time. You can’t retain your credibility as an activist (i.e. - retain the cake) and, at the same time, praise a sexual predator (i.e. - eating the cake).

I am really starting to really dig Dylan. The girl can snark.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

werewolves, not swear-wolves Chalk's Avatar
    I fucking love that response.

Wow. YouTube randomly suggested this clip from March last year to me...yikes.

You can imagine how this is going over.

Thoughts?

Barack Hussein Obama

werewolves, not swear-wolves Chalk's Avatar
    I think that is lazy writing. There was a custody trial, and there is more than "he said, she said" in this story.
    Apparently there is a consensus that there has to be more than one victim to be believable, ie. Bill Cosby, Weinstein ...or am I wrong?

Well apparently I'm a moron who put this in the wrong thread. So if anyone didn't see this in the trump thread (to be fair, nyc based white old dude child molesters who marry women way too young for them, their fans being blind to their flaws), I agree with Jon's thread here

So no, the allegations weren't just one time and even if it were just "once" that doesn't make it less of a fucking crime when it's true.

I don't know what's going on to make Ronan put out this as a statement, but Woody's even grosser than I thought

Trying to buy the kids' silence says it all. Yes, I know rich people pay others to shut up, but so do child molesters.

trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar
    RE: Ronan's statement, I think it's about Moses Farrow's recent blog post.

Exactly right. Here’s Dylan’s statement.

Barack Hussein Obama

Moses' post made me cry.

Welp.

Dylan and Ronan have already responded. And Twitter is, as always, abuzz.

Most obvious problem to begin with: the author/ interviewer has a relationship with Woody that has been described as “sycophantic”. And yes, Woody does pop in and out of the interview.

Mia is portrayed like Cruella DeVille, only without the warmth.
    Last edited by Steve SFM; 09-17-2018 at 03:38 AM.

Barack Hussein Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Steve SFM View Post
    Welp.

Mia is portrayed like Cruella DeVille, only without the warmth.
    Better to be Cruella than to be a step-daughter marrying, child molesting creep.

Soon Yi and Woody had kids, right? I wonder if Soon Yi leaves any young girls alone with him.

They raised two daughters. They’re both in college now. Apparently Soon-Yi was quite the helicopter mom.

Soon-Yi has quite a strong personality, and she’s obviously very intelligent. But something about her portrayal of Mia as pretty much pure evil seems really off to me. Especially seeing that she’s the only one of Mia's kids who portrays her that way. The article is fascinating, but I almost felt guilty reading it, given my support of Dylan and Ronan.

Barack Hussein Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Steve SFM View Post

Soon-Yi has quite a strong personality, and she’s obviously very intelligent. But something about her portrayal of Mia as pretty much pure evil seems really off to me. Especially seeing that she’s the only one of Mia's kids who portrays her that way. The article is fascinating, but I almost felt guilty reading it, given my support of Dylan and Ronan.
    I'm not going to read it. I'd be interested in reading something that wasn't so clearly starting off on the wrong foot. It's an op-ed fluff piece, not serious news. You don't have Woody's friend do it, you don't have Woody in the room.

But as for the bad mother thing... Maybe Mia is, maybe she isn't. I'm the only one of my mother's kids who would call her a fucking monster. Does that make me wrong or does it make it more likely the bitch plays/ed favorites to the point those idiots can't even conceive of what I lived through? It sucks too because I don't deny them their experience. So maybe she was a monster to Soon Yi, but it doesn't make her abusive or more abusive than Woody. I'm not saying that the monster stuff is accurate either. I'm just less likely to brush it off, as the least favorite child of someone who never should have had kids. And really, does it matter anyway when it's fundamentally unbelievable when Woody was sitting in the room with her? Also, her credibility is shot on how bad her mother is when she was fucking her mother's boyfriend. Like you're coming from a fucked up place to start with.