Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Woody Allen is Probably Disgusting" Thread

One of the sentences that really stands out is "Imagine a world that celebrates her tormenter." That's such a terrifying thought.

I don't want to be an armchair juror and determine guilt because I don't have all the evidence, and I also am not familiar enough with the case to even make up my own theory, but if what she is saying is true then to me that aspect is almost as horrifying as the abuse itself. It strikes a chord similar to the Jimmy Savile case (and aftermath) in the UK - how horrifying to be not only a victim of terrible abuse; then questioned and viewed with suspicion; but to top it all off have to live with the fact that the abuser is celebrated and glorified by the rest of the world?

I don't know if I believe her or not cause who the fuck knows what really happened but I still feel bad for her. It's all just a gross mess.

I have no idea of the extent of Woody Allen's depravity, but this is a man married his adopted daughter, who, if some accounts are true, has a borderline level of intelligence (an IQ that verges of being mentally handicapped). That's fucked up enough for me to consider him a sick predator of sorts.

I can't believe people won't even consider this a possibility! The man got caught with naked photos of his adopted teenage daughter and then married her. And now they have two adopted daughters.

Barb did you read the Vanity Fair article? BONE CHILLING. If it's true, he is a sick, twisted fucked who belongs in a maximum security prison.

No, I haven't. Can you link it, please?

Random Celebrity Gossip

Sure, I'm looking for the full article, I must've read the hard copy.

Eta: nope, read it online. It's from 1992 and it will curl your toes from the first sentence.

http://www.vanityfair.com/magazine/a...1/farrow199211
    Last edited by JayPeaches; 02-03-2014 at 01:00 AM.

There's another, more recent one.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

in an infinite regress just owls's Avatar
    Here is the one from October.

Random Celebrity Gossip

Quote Originally Posted by Steve SFM View Post
    There's another, more recent one.
    Yeah, I read that one too. The 1992 one is sooo worth the read though. I had never heard any of that stuff before and it's awful. Awful

Woody Allen responded Sunday to the accusations of his adopted daughter Dylan Farrow, who claimed that Allen sexually assaulted her when she was 7 years old.

“Mr. Allen has read the article and found it untrue and disgraceful. He will be responding very soon,” a rep for Allen told the Hollywood Reporter in a statement.

Farrow published a letter yesterday detailing her suffering from alleged sexual assault by Allen as a child. The director was never convicted of any crime relating to the allegations. Allen’s attorneys responded Sunday in a statement:

“It is tragic that after 20 years a story engineered by a vengeful lover resurfaces after it was fully vetted and rejected by independent authorities. The one to blame for Dylan’s distress is neither Dylan nor Woody Allen.”
    Read more: Dylan Farrow Claims Are 'Untrue and Disgraceful,' Says Woody Allen | TIME.com http://entertainment.time.com/2014/0...#ixzz2sG2xU19O

Quote Originally Posted by JayPeaches View Post
    I have no idea of the extent of Woody Allen's depravity, but this is a man married his adopted daughter, who, if some accounts are true, has a borderline level of intelligence (an IQ that verges of being mentally handicapped). That's fucked up enough for me to consider him a sick predator of sorts.

I'm confused on this relationship with Soon Yi. I thought she was the daughter of Mia Farrow and her Ex. From what I understand, she wasn't adopted by Farrow and Allen but by Farrow and Previn. That would make Soon Yi his step daughter at best. Not that I think it really makes a hill of beans difference. Woody Allen has always given me the creeps.
    Last edited by entropy; 02-03-2014 at 11:07 AM.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    I guess Soon Yi (who some people say is really smart, so I don't know which version is true, nor do I care) is not Woody's biological or legal daughter, just Mia's. Supposedly he wasn't even a father figure to her, having lived separately. But that's really, really splitting hairs too much for me. It's vile of them both (assuming she was old enough to give consent). When the apologists get all defensive of him and say "she's not his real daughter so it's not damaging", it makes me want to yell "Tell that to the siblings who now see Sis dating Dad." Affairs are damaging to people not having them too.

I just don't get apologists. A measured doubt, someone who can separate art from artists, that's fine, but the amount of people bending over backwards to defend someone they don't even know just always amazes me. You expect it from fangirls/boys of a certain age or a certain level of devotion, but why does Mel Gibson/Chris Brown/Paula Deen/insert random celebrity need such passionate justification? It goes beyond a reasonable doubt standard.

Scarlet, read that 1992 article I posted. There are a few people who confirm her borderline IQ. Obviously it's just speculation for us, but the article does present some compelling evidence and clarifies the relationship between Allen and Soon Yi.

Honestly I don't think it's splitting hairs about Soon Yi. If she was not raised by him or really around him as a child (I read an interview and she said she hardly saw him and barely spoke 5 words to him her whole childhood) and she was a consenting adult when the relationship started, I see no problem with it. If they want to be in a relationship together as adults, it's their business. It may make her siblings uncomfortable but it's really none of their business.