Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: House of Cards

trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by okyanus View Post

I just finished S2 as well; I would say that it was entertaining watching (though it did get boring in the middle, but so did S1) but it's not what I would call a masterpiece.

Loves ponies. Hates phonies. Regina Phalange's Avatar
    I forgot to mention one of my favorite little touches? The president looked so aged by the final episode. Nice job by the makeup people by showing the stress on him.

I've been thinking about S2 a lot...I basically watched the whole thing twice because I had to go back and rewatch several episodes in the middle. It's definitely a wild ride, but I don't think it was necessarily is as captivating as S1...the political maneuvering and the battle with Tusk actually started to feel draining by the time it was all over. But that may just have been an effect of bingeing on it. I think it actually isn't a show that benefits from binge watching. There's too much going on, and it doesn't particularly hold the viewer's hand.

I plan on rewatching both seasons soon because the boyfriend hasn't seen any of it, so I wonder what my opinion will be then.
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

i just watched episode 11

This is the first show I have ever binge watched, and it's been so much fun. So good. Almost through season two so avoiding much of this thread to sidestep even the slightest of spoilers, so instead I am going to comment on something far more superficial. Claire's wardrobe is fucking flawless. Robyn Wright is goddamned Ferocia Couture. Love it.

I just started this series last night. First episodes seems pretty promising thus far. I've heard rave reviews from friends and coworkers, and figured what the heck.

i have finished season 2 and overall it was very enjoyable, although probably not as much as season 1. some thoughts on the ending:

I kind of had the same line of thinking about the ending of S2

Yeah, I just don't know what they're going to go with this from here. And the more I think about it, the more I think I enjoyed S2 a little less overall, though Spacey and Wright were as fantastic as ever.
    "See everything as an illusion, and enjoy it even though you are not of it."
    ~Alanis Morissette, paraphrased

I think I enjoyed S2 more...I was just more wrapped up by it. I think we are going to finally get some comeuppance in S3. I don't see where else they would go.

Where did the UK version end? Did it end with S2? Are they stretching it beyond the British version? Anyone know?

The BBC version was 3 series (House of Cards, To Play The King and The Final Cut). Each was was 4 episodes of about an hour each. I have no idea how that relates to the new US series as I still haven't seen any of that.
    Maybe for once, someone will call me "Sir" without adding, "You're making a scene."

I just watched about 4 episodes tonight. I reminds me of a mixture of Damages and Scandal. I'm loving it!

S3 on Friday, people!

Plus this was both disturbing and hilarious:

trapped in the worst timeline just owls's Avatar