Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anne Rice

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    I have read in that order. The Vampire Lestat was really a depressing read. It was very dark and the images it evoked in my head were just.. harsh. What life was like in his household, outside his household, so much decay and filth. All the scenes that were hopeless and all the people that suffered so much..

But I read it and have continued reading in that order and I am almost finished with Prince Lestat. I just started part 3. Loving where all this is going so far.
    I actually enjoyed The Body Thief. There was a lot of rambling. But I got through it and was glad I did. I did not enjoy Memnoch.

I've read The Witching Hour, as well. I'm not going to read Lasher. The Witching Hour scared the crap out of me (lol) and it was nearly 1,000 pages. I don't think I can deal with reading Lasher.
    After I finish Prince Lestat and ....Realms of Atlantis I am thinking about reading The Wolf Gift series or Christ the Lord series.

I've watched a shit ton of interviews she's given at readings with her son back in 2014 and it's amazing how diverse people are with what books are their favorite. Many people asked if she'd continue the Mayfair stories.. she said she would not. Many asked if she'd write another Wolf book.. she said she sees a book or two left in that series.
    Last edited by Volta; 02-16-2017 at 07:18 AM.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick and I was like, "That log done had a child!"

spring summer fall winter endlesswant's Avatar
    I love this thread.
    I re-read the first four Vampire Chronicles this year and forgot how much I loved them. The two Wolf Gift books are two of my fave by her. I want to revisit the Witching Hour as I read it in 1996 and I would love to see how I interpret the story and lit at this stage in my life

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Anne's next book is a collaboration with her son Ramses The Damned: The Passion of Cleopatra JUST ANNOUNCED on her Facebook Page.
    They put out a video and she already hinted that it will probably be making its way to television some day.

I have not read her Ramses book, yet.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick and I was like, "That log done had a child!"

From amazon:

Ramses the Great, former pharaoh of Egypt, is reawakened by the elixir of life in Edwardian England. Now immortal with his bride-to-be, he is swept up in a fierce and deadly battle of wills and psyches against the once-great Queen Cleopatra. Ramses has reawakened Cleopatra with the same perilous elixir whose unworldly force brings the dead back to life. But as these ancient rulers defy one another in their quest to understand the powers of the strange elixir, they are haunted by a mysterious presence even older and more powerful than they, a figure drawn forth from the mists of history who possesses spectacular magical potions and tonics eight millennia old. This is a figure who ruled over an ancient kingdom stretching from the once-fertile earth of the Sahara to the far corners of the world, a queen with a supreme knowledge of the deepest origins of the elixir of life. She may be the only one who can make known to Ramses and Cleopatra the key to their immortality—and the secrets of the miraculous, unknowable, endless expanse of the universe.