Page 513 of 526 FirstFirst ... 13413463503511512513514515523 ... LastLast
Results 7,681 to 7,695 of 7876

Thread: What was the last movie you watched?

Quote Originally Posted by Volta View Post
    ^I think the earliest it will be in the theater by me is Nov 23rd.
    Were the sex scenes as graphic as they were in the book. Not being a perv, but the only thing you didn't talk about at all was the sex.. which is something the book is so detailed about.
    I've not read the book yet, and I definitly benefitted from seeing it in a small-ish screen where most stayed right to the end of the credits (I'm getting tingles just remembering, my favourite part of the whole film).

I wouldn't consider the sex graphic at all, in fact I had expected more, so whether folk will think it has been glossed over (and whether that's a good or bad thing) I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by spyk_ View Post
    I went to see Call Me By Your Name last Friday, the day it came out in UK cinemas.
    Ugh, I just looked it up and we have to wait until December 22 for it to premiere here. It's definitely my most anticipated film this year. I was reading the book when they announced that it was going to be turned into a film.

The Square this is a very entertaining and moving picture. 2 1/2 hours just flew by watching the main characters life as a curator of a modern museum falling apart after getting tricked and robbed in the beginning. It shows the artsy-fartsy side of the art world and contrasts it with human fragility.

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nathan zephyrus View Post
    I've not read the book yet, and I definitly benefitted from seeing it in a small-ish screen where most stayed right to the end of the credits (I'm getting tingles just remembering, my favourite part of the whole film).

I wouldn't consider the sex graphic at all, in fact I had expected more, so whether folk will think it has been glossed over (and whether that's a good or bad thing) I don't know.
    Miss Vanjieeee. Miss Vanjiee. ..Miss Van..

Quote Originally Posted by Chalk View Post
    I also saw Thor:Ragnarok yesterday and I frakking needed that. It was a fun, fun, fun film with a great cast. Even if you don't like superhero/comic film I think you're still going to like this one.
    Thanx to your comment I had a fun night with Thor at the cinema this evening
    The visuals, cast and ironic tone of the story are great.

Certain Women
    Three connected stories about four women living in middle of nowhere Montana and just trying to get through life. Nothing out of the ordinary happens, really, but I was transfixed, particularly by Lily Gladstone's character.
    Last edited by plastic•husband; 11-08-2017 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by plastic•husband View Post
    Certain Women
    Three connected stories about four women living in middle of nowhere Montana and just trying to get through life. Nothing out of the ordinary happens, really, but I was transfixed, particularly by Lily Gladstone's character.
    YES, it's a fabulous movie

Spider-Man Homecoming.

I was very impressed with it. This is like the 4th version in the last 2 decades? But probably the most successful.
    Tom Holland .. I feel so pervy in my 30s but he's a handsome lil fella. He is 18 but still. Too young for me to be goggling over lol

Victoria and Abdul - Pleasant film. I think it is being targeted to the same audience as the Marigold Hotel's and 100 Foot Journey. It definitely is like those movies in that there are plenty of comedic relief and nothing too extreme one way or the other.

I was really expecting something closer to Mrs. Brown but it was obviously an entirely different team this time around Frears instead of Madden.
    Should still be enough to garner some BAFTA nominations and certainly a Golden Globe nomination for Dench and Frears.

Murder on the Orient Express - I was disappointed. I think its an okay movie if you don't know the story by Christie or any other film version.
    They altered the story too much for my taste an build in some action scenes with Poirot that were very much out of character with regard to the book-Poirot.
    It's a line up of big screen names but the story and camera mainly focused on Branagh (whom I like very much).
    There wasn't much to do for most of the other actors and actresses, except for Michelle Pfeiffer.

Saw "Don't Think Twice," Mike Birbiglia's love note to improv comedy. It's funny, it's moving, it's an hour and a half. Thumbs up.

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    Murder on the Orient Express - I was disappointed. I think its an okay movie if you don't know the story by Christie or any other film version.
    They altered the story too much for my taste an build in some action scenes with Poirot that were very much out of character with regard to the book-Poirot.
    It's a line up of big screen names but the story and camera mainly focused on Branagh (whom I like very much).
    There wasn't much to do for most of the other actors and actresses, except for Michelle Pfeiffer.
    I really liked it! We saw it twice.
    And I didn't know the story. So I must prove your theory as valid..

Quote Originally Posted by Volta View Post
    I really liked it! We saw it twice.
    And I didn't know the story. So I must prove your theory as valid..
    Great you liked it
    And even if you know the story twists now, it's worth reading the book or - if it is accessable from your country - to listen to the bbc audio adaptation, it is quite close to the original story: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03j...pisodes/player (it will be online until the end of the month)

^Oh sweet! Thanks!

I don't know if it will grab any major nominations this award's season. Kenneth Branagh directed and starred. I dunno. Maybe some Golden Globes voters will give him an acting nom.

Looks like it was an easy movie to make. The full roster of actors really only had 5 major set pieces and all of that could easily be contained at a studio, in fact it felt like a play, really, when they were all together. Probably only took a couple weeks to film the whole cast together.

The only special effects were shots above and beside the CGI train.

But the acting was on point. (Mostly Branagh) I loved the cast they put together.

The Big Sick - For a romcom it was pretty good. The beginning felt a bit romcom by numbers. The entire time his GF is in a coma, tho, the acting/actors/script seemed to really elevate.
    It's getting some very substantial Oscar buzz that I don't entirely understand. Should definitely be nominated at the Globes, tho. I see Holly Hunter maybe being able to take it all the way to the Academy Awards in supporting.