Page 1 of 519 1231151101501 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the last movie you watched?

Question What was the last movie you watched?

Ponyo

As visually stunning as ever, but what the hell was up with that story?

lol

There were so many veiled sex puns, except it was about children! WTF, Japan.

Yeah, visually cool. But omg omg.

Kick Ass.
    I didn't know much about it before going to see it and was expecting it to be kind of a goony, goofy movie. It had its funny bits for sure, but it wasn't the comedy I thought it would be. I really liked it though.

Kick Ass was WAY more brutal than I expected it to be... But it made it a better movie! If it had been only superhero geekery or goofball jokes, it would've gotten stale.
    post28!

condemned to wires and hammers ebby's Avatar
    I actually had a whole "lets watch a big gay movie" mood while I was in Dublin, and downloaded a French made-for-tv movie called "Juste Une Question D'Amour", which turned out to be one of the best lgbt-themed movies I've seen that deals with the main character coming out, which really surprised me, as I'm often a bit "meh" about coming-out movies. But this was wonderful! The two leads were great, and I really loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    Ponyo

As visually stunning as ever, but what the hell was up with that story?
    Watched this a couple of weeks back and absolutely adored it. Not ashamed to say I watched and enjoyed the Disney dub, either.

weeaboo artshag unicron insanitykun's Avatar
    IT'S THE LITTLE MERMAID.

But seriously, Miyazaki is about eighteen million years old, he's bound to get a little wacky in his old age.
    TEN YARDS. tumblr.//etsy. PHOTO. sam branman

I watched the oh-so-sappy "Valentine's Day." I liked it for what it was.

^ You must like long, drag-on films then?
    Well, I thought it was far too long anyway... any film of that nature, pushing 2 hours is just too much!

As for myself, The Black Stallion was the last film I watched... was a gallop of a good time.

And in the evening it's. . . Andrea's Avatar
    Caught Wanted on Cinemax late last night. One of the more entertaining gun fight movies. I thought some of the stunts were downright inventive, which seems hard to come by in action flix these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Wout View Post
    Kick Ass was WAY more brutal than I expected it to be... But it made it a better movie! If it had been only superhero geekery or goofball jokes, it would've gotten stale.
    I agree I heard rumors of a sequel. Has anyone heard rumblings of that as well?

This is incredibly nerdy, but is anyone else looking forward to Toy Story 3? I loved the first 2 when I was younger

lose my heart on the burning sand coronaradiata's Avatar
    But I'm A Cheerleader

loved it.

Glengarry Glen Ross- I can't believe I never saw this cause I dig Mamet in general. I thought the direction on this was awesome-all the good parts of a stage play but with the benefit of camera angles.

Bloop Bloop! Lord Rask of Trevdale's Avatar
    I've been watching a lot of movies on my commute to work lately.

Recently:

Up In The Air - I really, really liked this one. I thought it was a beautiful story that really hit close to home for me. There were quite a few surprises and I really found myself rooting for all of the characters.

Date Night - I wasn't sure if it was going to live up to the hype. .. but it was right up there with "Mean Girls" as far as Tina Fey comedies go. I found myself chuckling out loud quite a few times.

Return To Me - I have a deep love for Bonnie Hunt, and I just recently found out that this movie existed. It was a very interesting premise. I sorta thought it started out strong, but fizzled out in the end.

Up - LOVED IT! What a sweet story. . .Ed Asner was wonderful. I thought it got a little slow in the middle, but it more than made up for it in the end. I can't believe how attached I found myself to that animated couple's story. It is the kind of movie that makes look at the grumpy old people on the bus and wonder what their love story was.

-Jacob.

The Lovely Bones

Really enjoyed it. Almost cried in a few parts. Stanley Tucci is straight up scary in this film!