Page 524 of 524 FirstFirst ... 24424474514522523524
Results 7,846 to 7,860 of 7860

Thread: What was the last movie you watched?

these days just seem to crush me
    Quote Originally Posted by plastic•husband View Post
    ^I really can't remember if it even had a score?

I'm a little torn about Mother. But it's worth seeing, and I love when these movies come along that have everyone talking.
    i pretty much agree 100% with everything you said. didn't seem like it went "too far" and for sure the script was eye-roll worthy. it's definitely worth seeing, but me & my husband both felt we wished we rented it instead of seeing it in theaters.

Yesterday, I saw "Körper und Seele" (On Body and Soul) by Ildikó Enyedi - she won the price for best movie at the Berlinale film festival this year

It's a very unusual but wonderful lovestory - taking place between employees at a hungarian slaughter house.
    The story unfolds very slowly, the most beautiful parts are their dreams (first half) and how the two, somehow broken characters, try to find their way to each other (second half).
    I was very moved by it.

u
    Last edited by CC; 10-01-2017 at 04:43 PM.

^ Easily one of my favorite films this year. It's very strange and unusual but it's powerful and very moving. The characters were excellently portrayed by the two leads and the cinematography in the dreams section with the deers in the forest is stunning.
    It's of course not everyone's taste but if you really get on the ride, you'll enjoy it immensely.

I recently watched The Big Sick starring Kumail Nanjiani. I usually don't watch romantic comedies, but was recommended this one and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was funny and not one nauseating cliché.

IT, big fun

Gerald's Game - Incredible suspense thriller!

I've heard of that one. How is it?
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

groovy movie. it's a stark study of guilt in the wake of tragedy shot through an authentic 90's lens with a great script and solid performances. it gets a very enthusiastic thumbs up from me.

Quote Originally Posted by toriMODE View Post
    Gerald's Game - Incredible suspense thriller!
    Saw this and couldn't believe they could make a film out of that book! And a very good film too.

I went to see Mother! last night, and for me it was very obvious that

Lawrence's performance is incredible, but Michelle Pfeifer was breathtaking. For no reason in particular, I never really like her, but here she was perfect.

Edit: I put it in spoiler in case somebody hasn't seen the movie yet and doesn't wanna know anything about it. But it's even on Wikipedia, so...
    Last edited by waitressboy; 10-12-2017 at 02:22 PM.
    When he woke up, the dinosaur was still there.

Aronofsky wrote the film. Apparently, he wrote it in five days, which is not the way he usually works.

Michelle should definitely get Oscar love. It would be a nice way to welcome her back.
    At my core, I think we're gonna be OK.

Barack Hussein Obama

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    That film will not get awards consideration from what I am hearing. There is some technicality about how long the film was allowed to be played in Los Angeles County.
    "Washing Machiiiiiine" - Kate Bush

What happened to monday with Noomi Rapace playing 7 roles (multiple birth sisters).
    It was an interesting take on the question of overpopulation, scarcity of ressources and one child policy.
    It focusses on the 7 sisters who live in hiding, each one can leave the house only once a week.
    Outside, they have to share the same identity - inside the flat they can be as individual as they want to be.
    They are forced to work as a team, yet everyone tries to live some kind of an individual life even outside, until one of the sisters, monday, doesn't come home one night.
    The movie has some weaknesses (a bit too long, plotwise a bit oversimplified in the final phase for my taste), but all in all, I found it very worth watching for Noomis performances as well as the story.