Page 548 of 548 FirstFirst ... 48448498538546547548
Results 8,206 to 8,209 of 8209

Thread: What was the last movie you watched? (now with reviews)

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    The Irishman - I loved EVERY. THING. ABOUT. IT.
    It will win Best Picture.
    I heard you paint houses.

I'm going to see Ford V Ferrari sometime over the weekend. Really excited for that one.
    Parasite is playing at Baxter but I think I'll wait til it's at the Village 8. Because every movie Baxter gets will always go to the dollar movies (owned by the same group) before it's no longer playing anywhere else.
    Save 15 bucks.
    Last edited by Volta; 11-28-2019 at 03:41 AM.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

Find a way to get in the way. MTC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    I saw US too this week - but I was quite disappointed.
    Though it had really scary scenes, good acting and interesting story twists.
    But the whole story seemed not convincing to me, especially in the final phase of the movie.

But I had a nightmare after watching it
    Finally got around to seeing this last night and I'm not spoilering anything. After spending the night thinking about it (insomnia gives you time for that), I found it more disturbing.

The explanation toward the end was something to roll around in the brain pan. The Tethered are copying the movements and lives of their counter parts without hope of ever having a life like the Untethered has. An entire life without hope will make you feel soulless. It will drive you to madness and desperation.

Adelaide didn't lose her memory, she suppressed it. Of course she has trouble talking sometimes. She was very quick to revert to her previous life and even sounded like a Tethered One at the end.

Red's life stopped in 1986. Being sent underground disrupted what little order there was. She nearly forgot how to speak. She lost all her privilege which seemed to be her primary drive for revenge.

Questions though: How did Red communicate with everyone? How did she get her message to spread so far? Who are "They" that created The Tethered? Did the uprising happen worldwide? How much does her son understand? Now that Adelaide has her memory back, what will she do with that information?

I did like the movie and now that I've had time to think about it, I think I like it more.
    And the ghosts that we knew will flicker from view
    And we'll live a long life

The Farewell - Really sad and hilarious film. Got it from RedBox. It has a 99% Fresh rating at Rotten Tomatoes. Wow.
    I imagine a great deal of the success of this film is the originality or specificity of the subject matter. I've never heard of this custom before and like Billi's reaction at the end.. I'm not sure what side I'd be on. I thought it do be completely relatable, however, as how a family could or would respond to a crisis or something else like this.

I really hope this movie goes far at the Awards Season that's about the start. It deserves a lot of recognition in many categories.
    I seem hyper-in-love with a lot of the new films. I am. But that 99% RT ... that might be a bit more than it deserves. Maybe not.

Ford V Ferrari For me, someone who loves collecting sporty things and also loves competition.. especially true stories like this. It was a pretty nice film.
    First hour seemed really boring. That's a lot of setup. A lot of cars that aren't moving as fast as the mouths around them.
    But the second half was really good. Heart-racing stuff there.

Just a little movie news in regards to Oscar race
    1917 screened four times for critics in Los Angeles and the early reviews are that it is the movie to beat for Best Picture. Many critics saying they didn't anticipate that going into the film.
    The movie is made to look like it's one continuous take. I can't wait for it to come out. Ahhhhhhh
    Last edited by Volta; 12-01-2019 at 04:54 AM.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.

Quote Originally Posted by MTC View Post
    Finally got around to seeing this last night and I'm not spoilering anything. After spending the night thinking about it (insomnia gives you time for that), I found it more disturbing.

The explanation toward the end was something to roll around in the brain pan. The Tethered are copying the movements and lives of their counter parts without hope of ever having a life like the Untethered has. An entire life without hope will make you feel soulless. It will drive you to madness and desperation.

Adelaide didn't lose her memory, she suppressed it. Of course she has trouble talking sometimes. She was very quick to revert to her previous life and even sounded like a Tethered One at the end.

Red's life stopped in 1986. Being sent underground disrupted what little order there was. She nearly forgot how to speak. She lost all her privilege which seemed to be her primary drive for revenge.

Questions though: How did Red communicate with everyone? How did she get her message to spread so far? Who are "They" that created The Tethered? Did the uprising happen worldwide? How much does her son understand? Now that Adelaide has her memory back, what will she do with that information?

I did like the movie and now that I've had time to think about it, I think I like it more.
    Hmm?
    Last edited by Volta; 12-01-2019 at 05:10 AM.
    Who said you were evil?
    My SAT scores.