Page 523 of 523 FirstFirst ... 23423473513521522523
Results 7,831 to 7,834 of 7834

Thread: What was the last movie you watched?

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    Phantom Thread - I absolutely loved it. It was delicious to look at and so exquisite to listen to.
    DDL's soft voice, all the scenes where you could watch and listen to the fabrics being cut, sculpted, tailored, sewn by hand. Combine that with the beautiful, sedating quality of Vicky Krieps' accent and the way she moved, the way the colors from room to room softened her face. I think she's one of the most beautiful ladies I've seen on film in a while whose work I've never seen before.

it was just one of the most pleasant films this year to experience. I think there was a real method, a real intention with what this film was supposed to be. If you notice not one character hesitates about anything. And I didn't want to like it at all from all the reviews. Oh well. It's nice to be surprised.
    I found the film very relaxing and very warm. Most of the time warm.
    Last edited by Volta; 02-11-2018 at 08:44 AM.
    Yes, even I can misspell four-letter words. Can you imagine that pewp?

entertaining in its outrage Volta's Avatar
    I watched this German film You and I on Amazon Prime because it had a relatively decent customer/consumer rating.
    This movie is why I hate that IMDB took down their messageboards. I want to know what people think!!! Damnit.

Are they now a couple? Were they always a couple? Are they never ever going to be a couple?
    Yes, even I can misspell four-letter words. Can you imagine that pewp?

Quote Originally Posted by wout View Post
    The Greatest Showman

Man, I had a blast! I do hope we will get to see more movies like this, a bit of the good ol' 50's hollywood feelgood style.
    I saw this on a date this weekend and it was aaight. Music & most of the musical numbers were fantastic, but I thought the pacing was uneven (we both were googling Jenny Lind & PT Barnum during the film) and the overall plot was a bit too formulaic for me. I'm glad it's doing well though because even though I'm not a huge fan of musicals, I love variety. And we can always use more of that in the theaters.

Thumbs up Black Panther

Black Panther is a good superhero movie with tinges of some very relevant social commentary. It retreads some tiresome MCU themes (fathers & sons; dealing with power) but overall it delivers on what you'd expect from an MCU film at this point. (Well, with less overt attempts at humor.) It also gives Wonder Woman a run for its money in terms of number of heroines on screen. Danai Gurira, Forest Whitaker, & Sterling K. Brown all also give great performances. SK Brown was phenomenal actually. He's in only two scenes, but they're pivotal. And his performance is just so pure and real.

Chadwick Boseman does a good enough job in the titular role; his T'challa is very diplomatic, contemplative, and understanding. But that danger and gravitas that the T'challa I know from the comics (Illuminati T'challa) just doesn't come across on screen for me. Now, someone might say that this Black Panther is lacking in those departments due to his newness in his position as king; however, I saw a much more fearsome and formidable Panther/T'challa in Civil War than I did in Black Panther. So I know the character and actor is capable of delivering on screen more than I saw in this film. And that's frustrating as a moviegoer and MCU fan. Bottom line is it's definitely worth seeing on the big screen.